Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,283 Times in 2,551 Posts

Northern Iowa lands Top 75 ranked, 4-star PG AJ Green

Register to remove this advertisement
    Northern Iowa lands Top 75 ranked, 4-star PG. Dad is an assistant coach there and kid had offers from Minnesota, Iowa State, Virginia and several other high majors. Believe this is the first 4-star kid Jake has landed.

http://scout.com/college/basketball/...-AJ--105978085
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Sycamore Hoops | MVCTalk.com | MVFCTalk.com

Thanks
    Easier to land a 4 star when your dad is a coach on staff, no matter! Check out Missouris recruits.

Starter
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by region rat View Post
    Easier to land a 4 star when your dad is a coach on staff, no matter! Check out Missouris recruits.
    I think the Mizzou guys are the last the breed where either an AAU coach or parent gets hired and then, "brings," a kid with them. If I'm misunderstanding the NCAA rule that is going in place, please correct me....but I think this practice has been put on notice.

If the kid's dad was there ahead of his recruitment, that would most likely be a different story, though....right? Anyone? Beuhler?

Thanks
    I don't mind this practice if father and player is ok with it. It is a matter of relationship whether father or coaches the recruit will be playing for. It can even be a more difficult situation for both?

Thanks
    In the case of Porter at Mizzou - his mother was -or still is - the women's basketball coach - or assistant - can't recall. His father had previously coached at Mizzou as well. Don't defending - just sayin'.
    The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Starter
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Dad was also on Lorenzo Romar's staff at Washington (where the older son had committed to). Romar got canned for going something like 9-25 and then dad ends up at Mizzou.