'08 NE SF Koang Doluony (Transferred to Nebraska-Omaha)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
KoangDoluony.jpg

The senior-to-be at Omaha Bryan is drawing heavy recruiting attention playing for a summer league basketball team that also features two Division I recruits and another player who has pledged to play football at Nebraska.

Doluony already holds offers from Wisconsin-Green Bay, Youngstown State, North Dakota and Bowling Green State. The 6-foot-7, 175-pounder is also getting strong interest from Indiana State and has heard from Nevada.

He's come into his own for the Nebraska Bison Red team that also features Iowa State recruit Wes Eikmeier of Fremont Bergan, Colorado State recruit Jesse Carr of Ainsworth and Nebraska football recruit John Levorson of Crete.

Doluony averaged 11.8 points and 4.8 rebounds and blocked nine shots at the recent Kentucky Hoopfest in Louisville. In one game, he went 4 of 4 from the field and 11 of 11 from the foul line. He shot better than 40 percent from 3-point range in each of Bison Red's first three tournaments.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10086892
Kid looks like a real player. Looks like he could use a few pounds if he were to move to the 4, but if he stayed at the small forward spot at the next level, could be a defensive nightmare for opposing players.

I'll be able to keep a close eye on Koang...he's an Omaha kid that CU is apparently not going after. He had a handful of double doubles during AAU games this past summer. Not bad for a kid that was likely the 3rd or 4th offensive option behind the guys mentioned above (Div I recruits Wes Eikmeier and Jesse Carr...maybe even Levorson.)

Not much going on with him per his Rivals profile, but they don't follow mid level recruits very well. Still only lists him as having offers from Bowling Green, Wisconsin-Green Bay and Youngstown State with interest from Indiana State, Denver, Nevada, Lehigh and Penn.

BREAKING: Forward Doluony to join Sycamores

The Indiana State men's basketball team has secured its last recruit for the 2008-09 season.Koang Doluony, a 6-foot-7, 175-pound*forward originally from Sudan, has made a verbal commitment to join the Sycamores.

More...

I really like this get. Being that he's only 16/17 years old, odds are he still has some growth left in him. An article recently said he had a 6'10" wingspan and that's huge. Some centers don't have that wingspan.

I really like this get. Being that he's only 16/17 years old, odds are he still has some growth left in him. An article recently said he had a 6'10" wingspan and that's huge. Some centers don't have that wingspan.

As do I...as do I. The sweet thing is I'll get to watch him and give updates all season over here in Omaha. I'll keep everyone updated.

My tears welled up with joy when I read this. The Sycamores could end up with a 7'1" center who is actually talented. Miracles really can happen.

As long as he doesn't have more knee problems it sounds like he's going to be awesome. He's got the work ethic and natural skills to develop into a real talent.

Any word on KDs recovery from shoulder surgery? I've read that it was really bothering him last year. I really hope he is 100% this year as he has shown flashes of brilliance in the past.

Back