'09 IN SF Kelsey Barlow (Transferred to Illinois-Chicago)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
523982.jpg

Barlow is a rising star in the 2009 class and currently has offers from Purdue, Xavier, Bradley and Southern Illinois in addition to Indiana State. Longshot.

Maybe not as much a longshot as one might think ????????????????????????

He's high on Xavier's list of interest. He's the kind of SF Sean Miller likes. In the articles I've read he goes out of his way to mention Purdue most of the time. I'd say he's a heavy lean to Purdue unless I'm way off base.

Just stay tuned and keep watching. You will see it yourself. Very good chance he might become a Sycamore!

I hope so as I think he's a player. X, you went to Cathedral... do you have any contacts you can tap to see what is up with this kid?

I would say that it can't hurt that his older brother is on the team this season at Indy St...that and the fact that I think (not positive) that Kelsey and RJ Mahurin play on the same AAU team?? Who knows...these two factors could help Indy St get Kelsey. I wouldn't think those factors would hurt...

I would say that it can't hurt that his older brother is on the team this season at Indy St...that and the fact that I think (not positive) that Kelsey and RJ Mahurin play on the same AAU team?? Who knows...these two factors could help Indy St get Kelsey. I wouldn't think those factors would hurt...
That would be awesome if those connections would help us reel him in... definitely gives me a reason to be more optimistic about him. I'm always leary about leaning on family or friend connections when it comes to recruiting.

I hope so as I think he's a player. X, you went to Cathedral... do you have any contacts you can tap to see what is up with this kid?

Yes, I'll see what I can find out. I do know there was some sort of SNAFU this weekend that some sites reported he had verballed to Painter and the Boilers, but depending on who you believe, Barlow either refused to confirm or emphatically denied he had verballed.

I've received some info (not from Cathedral), but there is some indication out there that some of the schools offering have offered not on actual court production, but on a perceived raw talent. One person I talked to was surprised his alma mater had offered a scholly. Barlow's AAU coach apparently has compared him to Corey Brewer and other NBA swingmen. I do know he plays on a very good Cathedral team.

What was the elder Barlow's name? (Svo: maybe you can chime in?). It's a possibility as there is a decent number of Cathedral students that go on to Notre Dame.
No idea. If he was a football player, he was a walk-on as only one kid has been recruited from Cathedral to Notre Dame since 1972.

Barlow, we know, has not committed to Purdue yet. At least not to the point of communicating it with anyone. As one coach who is recruiting the 6'5" wing from Cathedral, "He may ultimately choose Purdue, and I can see it being sooner than later, but as of this morning (Sunday) that's not accurate." Barlow is taking his first formal visit to Purdue since receiving his offer during the summer on Wednesday.

URL: Hoosier Hoops Report

Back