'11 IN PF Robert Goff (Marshall Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I watched Robert play all last summer. He is a great prospect. He is the type of player we need. Big, strong, athletic...a rebounding machine...dominant in the post.

I also found him to be a gentleman at all times. He's an all-around good guy.

I'm hearing that Goff is going to transfer junior colleges this year and subsequently redshirt. If my math is correct... that puts Goff in the 2011 class.

I'm hearing that Goff is going to transfer junior colleges this year and subsequently redshirt. If my math is correct... that puts Goff in the 2011 class.
This has been confirmed. He is following his coach to his new schools (along with 6 teammates) and will now be a Class of 2011 prospect. I'm not sure if this kid will ever clear the NCAA Clearinghouse.

All he would have to do is have his Associate's Degree to be eligible at 90% of the four year schools. Some schools don't take JC kdis, and some do with a prerequisite GPA to match. However, most just consider the degree enough.

Both Robert Goff and Jawanza Poland — Division I recruits who played for Eck at Cowley last season and transferred to Hutchinson — were not granted their releases to play from Cowley and will redshirt this year.

Goff, a 6-foot-9, 220-pound forward, averaged 9.2 points and 6.8 rebounds last season and has offers from Cincinatti and Indiana State, among others.
Denied and will be forced to redshirt. This means either he'd not play and then try to come into a Division I program, or if he does sit, then play next year, he'd move yet again into the 2012 class. Still claiming those offers as well.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/colleges/story/1028520.html

Denied and will be forced to redshirt. This means either he'd not play and then try to come into a Division I program, or if he does sit, then play next year, he'd move yet again into the 2012 class. Still claiming those offers as well.

So this kid is still on K-Mac's radar? If his academics are close to what's been discussed earlier, do we want this kid on the roster? Sure, it would suck to lose him to another MVC school or ISUM?

He seems to be the kind of kid that is at the center of so many academic vs. athletic arguments...Should he even be IN college? Would he be there without athletics?

Glad he's a good kid but will he end up being a academic casualty?

No question you'd want him. He's a high character kid who has never had a positive home influence in his life, especially as it related to academics.

I'm not sure Goff can continue to move back in recruiting class year. I swear there is some sort of rule about that. Hasn't his 5 year clock started ticking?

"I have been hearing a lot from Oklahoma, Xavier, Cincinnati, South Florida, Western Kentucky, and Alabama is recruiting me pretty hard," explained Goff. "I have offers from Oklahoma and Cincinnati."
From a recent article on Rivals.

Was able to speak with Goff briefly. He told me that he has not had any communication with the staff since he was still in high school. Just FYI.

So is it your belief that the staff should actively pursue goff and see if he will committ to ISU. He has the body and is a physical player. Why hasnt he signed with someone already?

Last edited:

Xavier is back on Goff in a major way.

They never weren't.

Give me heart,

Goff had to sit out this year due to intra-conference transfer. He followed his coach from Cowley County to Hutchinson, hence his reclassification as a 2011. I'd like to see Indiana State be involved, as it would be a good fit in a lot of ways. He does have his eyes set on returning to Indiana'ish, and Xavier has been the most active.

They never weren't.

Give me heart,

Goff had to sit out this year due to intra-conference transfer. He followed his coach from Cowley County to Hutchinson, hence his reclassification as a 2011. I'd like to see Indiana State be involved, as it would be a good fit in a lot of ways. He does have his eyes set on returning to Indiana'ish, and Xavier has been the most active.

Right but for awhile. X was out of scholarships.

Back