'11 IN SF Andy Smeathers (Butler Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
andy_smeathers.jpg

Small Forward
Bargersville (IN) Center Grove
AAU: Spiece

Ht: 6'7"
Wt: 175 lbs
GPA: 3.55

Profiles: ESPN | Rivals | Scout

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Talked with a couple folks and it looks like Indiana State is starting to get involved with this kid. Currently has offers from Miami (OH), William & Mary and Morehead State.

I've been him play a few times, he's pretty darn good. He's got a great shot and can jump outta the building. I think he would be a good pick up for the sycamores.

Very good shooter, lacks agressivness at times, and he deff needs to add weight. Although I still think he has a lot of potential. He can obviously add weight and get stronger. Plus you can deny a 6'7 athletic shooter!

Last edited:

I agree. Although is a great shooter and could fill a role similar to some past Butler players and then some. However, Butler is probably moving up a level in recruiting.
That was my line of thinking. I'm not sure either Purdue or Butler could use a scholarship that though. Additionally, Butler runs a LOT of 3 guard sets so putting him at the four could be a little risky since he is really closer to 6'5" then he is 6'7".

Guess we'll see how this shakes out.

I don't see Purdue or Butler offering. Butler would be more likely but they just got a verbal from a kid they think will be much like Smeathers down the road in Kellen Dunham. Purdue could possibly offer late if they miss on Dawson/Behanan.

ISU is in a good spot though.

I've seen him a few times. He's not the kind of wing that will penetrate or move with the ball but I believe has the althletic ability to play decent D at the 3 and he can shoot the lights out from well beyond the 3-line.

I don't see Purdue or Butler offering. Butler would be more likely but they just got a verbal from a kid they think will be much like Smeathers down the road in Kellen Dunham. Purdue could possibly offer late if they miss on Dawson/Behanan.

ISU is in a good spot though.

I've thought that Butler might offer a red-shirt scholarship (5-year), if they take a point guard in the class. I think that sort of thing will depend on how he would measure against the '12 kid's spot he'd be occupying (plus a development year)

I'm not sure that's a good fit. As far as playing for us; I don't think he is as good as KD. He is a VG stationary shooter.

Back