'11 IN SF Khristian Smith (11/27/2010)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
khristian_smith.jpg

khristian_smith2.jpg

Anyone seen this kid play? Pike puts out a lot of hoops talent.
I don't believe I have. However, I'm going to try to get to a couple of his games this season if there is legit interest back to Indiana State from Khristian. I've heard he has been playing very, very well in summer AAU ball.

I don't believe I have. However, I'm going to try to get to a couple of his games this season if there is legit interest back to Indiana State from Khristian. I've heard he has been playing very, very well in summer AAU ball.

I would hope he can do well against guys that sit down while they're playing...my goodness!

:bigsmile:

I would hope he can do well against guys that sit down while they're playing...my goodness!

:bigsmile:

That's just his skills... he scares them so bad they turn, sit down and toss the ball away. But really, I heard he performed really well in the recent Hoosier Shootout.

Just chiming in because I'm a Pike grad...

Would love to see anyone from my alma mater become a Sycamore.

Proud To Be A Tree stated that Pike puts out a lot of hoops talent.

Courtney Lee
Robert Vaden
Jeff Teague

All were NBA draft picks between last year and this year.

The last Red Devils to play for ISU were LaSalle "Pee Wee" Thompson and Marcus Johnson (both recruited by Tates Locke).

The Spiece Indy Heat 17U Quarles squad has been unbeaten as well. 2010 Ohio commit Ethan Jacobs has been strong inside in the absence of 2012 behemoth AJ Hammons and Raphael Davis and Khristian Smith keep getting the ball to the hoop and it goes in or DeJuan Marrero is there to clean up. Point guards Steven Jamison and Brad Elam have been strong but for the Mongrel's money the best player for the Heat so far has been Yogi Ferrel the little point guard. Indianapolis Pike's Khristian Smith was outstanding on Monday at least.

http://hoopsmongrel.blogspot.com/2009/07/indiana-talent-on-display-in-cincinnati.html

The Indy Star article also mentioned Pike senior Khristian Smith wants to decide before his senior season. So far he has offers from Drake, Evansville, Morehead State, Indiana State, and Ron Hunter's IUPUI program. Smith has the size and athleticism of a high major prospect, and he is a versatile player who looks the part of a big time player for a mid-major program imo. He played very well leading Pike to a team camp victory at Purdue this summer without the help of Marquis Teague. He also looked very good in summer play alongside Teague, Deshawn Thomas, and company. He has several wonderful college options now which may be the best fit for him, but he's the type of athlete and talent that you find among the seniors who have breakout seasons and get high major attention in the spring if he chose to ride out the process and pursue that option. Smith will be visiting Eastern Illinois this weekend.
More from Hoops Mongrel

Back