'11 IN WR Shane Henderson (Offer)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

IndianaState45

The All-MVC Level
i can't imagine him going to jail....unless he has had priors this kid will do time already served plus probation...if his resisting arrest is no more than him outrunning cop it shouldn't be too bad. I bet 10 to 1 he gets off easy. The big question is can he graduate and who will take a chance on him. Don't get me wrong...no one wants to bring in a problem...but we don't know all the details yet and how its gonna shake out for him or how he will handle himself

Last edited:

Bally #50

The JSW Level
i can't imagine him going to jail....unless he has had priors this kid will do time already served plus probation...if his resisting arrest is no more than him outrunning cop it shouldn't be too bad. I bet 10 to 1 he gets off easy. The big question is can he graduate and who will take a chance on him. Don't get me wrong...no one wants to bring in a problem...but we don't know all the details yet and how its gonna shake out for him or how he will handle himself
IS45, I don't disagree with you but in a time when "character" IS an issue at ISU, it is unlikely that Trent will look the other way on this matter, nor should he. Bottom line, a young man made a terrible choice, and it quite possbily cost him a college scholarship and that is VERY sad to me.

Someone may give him a second chance, but obviously, second chances don't always pay off either. The world is FULL of second chances where the trend continued.

BigBlue79

The Varsity Level
agreed istate45...He will not becoming to indiana state to play football for the sycamores...too much of a gamble and too big of a crime and we have alot of kids interested in coming here now....unfortunate for this kid...however, he can go somewhere when this clears up but then he will be behind...very stupid

IndianaState45

The All-MVC Level
Deleted post in case I had bad info. It came unsolicited from multiple people, but if it's questionable according to 99 we can wait to find it out in the papers..hoping 99 is right.

Last edited:
J

johnny99

I think this post has gone too far. I've known Shane for many years. I've know his family for many more. I can tell you for a fact that Shane has never, ever gotten himself into trouble involving the law. I would have known. He's a good student, worked hard and played clean all his life. I don't know what "local's" you're trusting with information, but I think it's irresponsible of whoever you are to make a statement like that without knowing the facts. Up until that night, Shane was one of the most respected players the state from his athletics to his sportsmanship. You don't get named to the top 10 in the state without a lot of coaches knowing more than your athletic skills. Why do you think ISU wanted him in the first place.

I know the story behind what happened that night with Shane. Yes, he screwed up. He made a stupid and terrible decision with long reaching consequences. He should have gotten himself out of the situation, but like so many of us when we were young, he was foolish. I'm not excusing his actions, but I needed to say something after that last post. This is a good kid that is hurting and regretting his actions. I hope the sporting world will give him a second chance one day.

Bally #50

The JSW Level
I think this post has gone too far. I've known Shane for many years. I've know his family for many more. I can tell you for a fact that Shane has never, ever gotten himself into trouble involving the law. I would have known. He's a good student, worked hard and played clean all his life. I don't know what "local's" you're trusting with information, but I think it's irresponsible of whoever you are to make a statement like that without knowing the facts. Up until that night, Shane was one of the most respected players the state from his athletics to his sportsmanship. You don't get named to the top 10 in the state without a lot of coaches knowing more than your athletic skills. Why do you think ISU wanted him in the first place.

I know the story behind what happened that night with Shane. Yes, he screwed up. He made a stupid and terrible decision with long reaching consequences. He should have gotten himself out of the situation, but like so many of us when we were young, he was foolish. I'm not excusing his actions, but I needed to say something after that last post. This is a good kid that is hurting and regretting his actions. I hope the sporting world will give him a second chance one day.
99. nice to hear but and it makes more sense but you know and I know-- his options will be limited. I think most of us here wish him the best but that type of decision will obviously come back to haunt him. Hopefully he will land somewhere and my thoughts go out to his family, who by all accounts, are excelllent people. As a kid that "drifted" from common sense a few times in high school. I hope it works out well for him. I really do.

BigBlue79

The Varsity Level
mistakes are one thing...breaking and entering is another...good luck to him and i hope he turns his life around...

IndianaState45

The All-MVC Level
Listed as having high interest in ISU on Scout.com along with Purdue and Ball State. Don't know how recent it is but ISU is also the only offer listed.

TJames

The JSW Level
arrested again recently.....

Shane N. Henderson, 18, 3644 Greenbriar Drive, possession of marijuana, 3:08 a.m., by Columbus Police Department, held in lieu of $5,000 bond.

IndianaState45

The All-MVC Level
I guess you can jack up your future more than you already have. Sad to hear. I was hoping this kid had made one mistake and was done with it...this doesn't bode well for him at all.

IndianaState45

The All-MVC Level
Who knows...I mean this kid has a list of growing issues. We may have pulled the offer a long time ago. Who knows what's going on with him....probably not much is my guess. He's a heck of an athlete but that's no good to anyone if he keeps getting arrested.