'11 IN WR Shane Henderson (Offer)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Any news on when he may make a decision?
Nope, I've not heard anything else on Shane. We were his first offer and I haven't read of any new offers. I know he was speaking with Ball State, so they may be waiting to see how that ends up and if he gets an offer there by the new staff -- honestly don't know. He could give a commitment at any time and National Signing Day is in February.

Just read on gridirondigest that Henderson turned himself in today on burglary charge. What was he thinking! ?

Unfortunate? Was he kidnapped and FORCED to break and enter?

Unfortunate is not a word I'd use in this instance.

Is he 18 or 17???? Thats a huge difference in this instance...He is 18 as it says in the article...man this could be bad for his recruitment and possibly a plus for us to jump on him if we really want him...I doubt he actually sees any jail time if he doesnt have a record...

Last edited:

it says in the Article...
"Shane Henderson, 18, of Columbus, turned himself in to authorities. He is being held at Bartholomew County Jail on charges of burglary and resisting arrest."
the 17 year old boy was his friend...
If you are 17 technically you are still a juvenile punishment wise to the courts...I really liked this kid when I saw him but I doubt we go after him now...

Another thought is if he gets off light and this appears to be an isolated event.....and if coach looks him in the eye and thinks he's done with the stupid stuff....we might be his only offer left

Do we really want to bring guys in with this kind of background? Didn't Coach Miles just clean house the last couple of years to get rid of all the problems on the team? I'm not sure if this is a kid we want to keep recruiting, even though he is a great football player. Character counts. And I don't know the kid, family, or background, so I guess I don't have room to make any assumptions. But with what our program is just rebounding from I think we need to be careful who we bring in.

Do we really want to bring guys in with this kind of background? Didn't Coach Miles just clean house the last couple of years to get rid of all the problems on the team? I'm not sure if this is a kid we want to keep recruiting, even though he is a great football player. Character counts. And I don't know the kid, family, or background, so I guess I don't have room to make any assumptions. But with what our program is just rebounding from I think we need to be careful who we bring in.
Let's face it, if all of this is true, he will NOT be coming to Indiana State or almost anywhere else either. This is terrible lapse in judgement and unfortunately, his playing days are limitied unless he plays in the "longest yard" game at Pendleton. Too bad.

it says in the Article...
"Shane Henderson, 18, of Columbus, turned himself in to authorities. He is being held at Bartholomew County Jail on charges of burglary and resisting arrest."
the 17 year old boy was his friend...
If you are 17 technically you are still a juvenile punishment wise to the courts...I really liked this kid when I saw him but I doubt we go after him now...

Doesn't a lot of it depend on the crime; past criminal activity and IF the prosecution wishes to pursue the case as if the accused WAS an adult?

Yeah but robbery isnt likely to cause him to be prosecuted as an adult...they usually use that on murders...don't watch too much law and order it will make you think the system hits every criminal with a brick bat...Violent crimes are the ones that usually end up jail time at that age...

we don't know what in their juvie records (if anything)...

we don't need a burglar at State

we don't know what in their juvie records (if anything)...

we don't need a burglar at State
EXACTLY. Breaking into a business is not treated like shoplifting. This kid is in some pretty serious trouble. This is not boys being boys, it is an ADULT breaking and entering. If they stole anything, it may well be a felony, depending on the "loot" stolen.

Back