'12 IL QB Robert Tonyan (Indiana State Verbal)

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
Pro-Style Quarterback
McHenry (IL) McHenry East

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 180 lbs

http://edgytim.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1247381

I saw on the Illinois Rivals site that this suburban Chicago QB has an offer from Indiana State. He had some nice things to say about the program in the article. It's nice to see that we are getting some early offers out now; it should help in the long run.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Agree 100% on the early offers. It never hurts to send them out to elite prospects and hope that one of your coaches connects with them. The longer the kids hold out on making a decision, other schools can fill up and you could end up stealing some good kids.

Callmedoc

The Nicks Level
Kid is good...I think a pro style qb is what Trent favors over the athlete type looking at his recruits of the past...would be nice to grab this kid and see if he develops into another ronnie?

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
A few of these Illinois kids are obviously in Coach Sabock's recruiting area. These are schools that Northern Illinois routinely recruits.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Looks like he's got all the right tools - nice arm, good accuracy, sees the field well, can run when necessary. Heck, he can even jump over defenders!

Seems like a good pick up. Welcome Robert!!!

SycamoreBlue3209

The All-MVC Level
I heard from some players this kid looks very impressive. He was at the homecoming game this weekend. Good thing we got him before a BCS school got in on him!

Callmedoc

The Nicks Level
Looks like he's got all the right tools - nice arm, good accuracy, sees the field well, can run when necessary. Heck, he can even jump over defenders!

Seems like a good pick up. Welcome Robert!!!
Not to use a baseball quote but he is clearly a 5-tool qb, doesn't kill you with one weapon but with every one he has (A la Aaron Rodgers)...I think he fits our offense really well, two years from now (don't quote me on this) he may be the starter, we will see.

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter
“It was a pretty hard decision,” Tonyan said. “I sat down with my mom and dad. They wanted to help me, but not make the decision for me. Coach Miles has really turned that program around. They’re in the Top 25, they made the playoffs and he’s really active in the community. I respect that and think he’s a coach I’d like to spend the next four years with.”

Well, we didn't exactly make the playoffs (yet), but he's right about turning the program around.

Bones

The Sycamore Level
This qb looks like he is athletic, and has potential to lead the Sycamores, I bet he redshirts, and he needs to hit the weight room at only 180 lbs. I like his prospects though.

robton18

The Recruit Level
Senior Film Robert Tonyan

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq8QLuG4dcM[/ame]

Sycamore Nation,

This is my Senior Highlight Film for those who are interested...

I can't wait to become a part of something great!

-Robert Tonyan

pbutler218

The All-MVC Level
Thanks for the highlights Robert!Welcome aboard kid!Looking forward to who might step up next year to replace Fouch at QB.

BigBlue79

The Varsity Level
Wow...I am impressed...great deep ball....he threaded the needle a few times across the middle too...welcome....def look forward to seeing this kid grow