'12 IL QB Robert Tonyan (Indiana State Verbal)

niklz62

The Green Level
18 years since we’ve put someone on an NFL roster? Wow. And in the last 20-30 years is it only Bock and Brandenburg (meaning was there anyone besides those two after Tunch, Davis and Glenn)?
I think we’ve had guys get picked up mid season or brought up off the developmental squad

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
18 years since we’ve put someone on an NFL roster? Wow. And in the last 20-30 years is it only Bock and Brandenburg (meaning was there anyone besides those two after Tunch, Davis and Glenn)?
Jamie Petrowski was in the mid 2000s.

Practice squad for him. Then the Titans sent him to NFL Europe I believe.

Hooper

The Starter Level
So Bock is the last ISU player to play a down of regular season NFL football....18 years ago. I’m guessing every other MVFC school has had multiple alums in the NFL in that same span.

Congrats Robert and we’re pulling for you to end this near-two-decade drought.

Last edited:

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
Just caught his first TD pass tonight, and Joe Buck was knd enough to mention that he is a rookie out of Indiana State University.

Hate the Packers, but if they have to score a TD, glad it was him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotta Hav

The Newsom Level
Supporter
It doesn't appear that anyone else noticed, but Tonyan had TWO catches last Sunday, for THIRTY-TWO YARDS.

Also, the Eagles play the Packers tonight at Lambeau Field.

GO TONYAN!!!

niklz62

The Green Level
Wow Tonyan just caught that pass where the Eagles player took a vicious hit from his own player. Hope he is ok

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Hopefully he bounces back from that injury and have a huge season. There are 31 other franchises if the Packers opt for other TEs

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Nice but they said pretty much the exact same thing last year. It's probably this year or never.
Tonyan had 2 catches last week for 25 yds and a TD

Getting plenty of snaps tonight vs. Saints

Last edited:

swsycamore

The Sycamore Level
Supporter
Robert had an impressive game against the Saints Sunday night. He had 5 completions for 50 yards and his second TD of the year.