'12 IL QB Robert Tonyan (Indiana State Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Great Weekend!!

Hello Sycamore Pride, This is Tammy Tonyan, Robert's mom. I just want to thank everyone for a great weekend. We have always been impressed with the coaching staff at ISU, but now we can add the players and the families to that list. What an amazing group and we're looking so forward to being part of this family. Thanks again for everything!!

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Hello Sycamore Pride, This is Tammy Tonyan, Robert's mom. I just want to thank everyone for a great weekend. We have always been impressed with the coaching staff at ISU, but now we can add the players and the families to that list. What an amazing group and we're looking so forward to being part of this family. Thanks again for everything!!

That's just great news. Here at Sycamore pride you can expect us to be an extension of your Sycamore family...Good luck to Robert, I expect great things to come out of him in a couple of years.

We may be known for basketball and Larry Bird, but this school is craving for football supremacy. Tammy, we look forward to seeing your son play for the Trees. Nice to have him (and his family) on board. Welcome to "our" family. We can't wait to see your son on the field~

In football, Tonyan threw for 4,962 yards with 39 touchdowns and 16 interceptions the past two seasons combined. His 34-inch vertical leap and play around the basket, including occasional dunks, have drawn raves, too.

“He had 23 points and a really good dunk at Hampshire, and one of their coaches said he should walk on for basketball at Indiana State,” Paddock said.

http://www.mchenrycountysports.com/articles/2012/03/06/r_aaethonxtxurvgwcndyl0g/index.xml

Fine by me. Just hope he's not able to join the basketball team until late December, preferrably mid-January.

It was interesting to see that Mike Perish attended the press conference. The QB competition should be good next year. Physically, Tonyan looked great last preseason, and with a year under his belt should press for the job. Perish, though, did better than people give him credit for and is a tough kid and a great competitor. Should be an interesting spring!

I hope he's our starter next year. I see this as an Alex Smith-Colin Kaepernick situation. Perish is solid, but Tonyan has a much bigger upside and more big play potential.

Tonyan was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad today.

What a steal by the Pack. Good luck Rob to, probably the best slot/TE in the history of Sycamore Football. Your home town Bears have, again, missed an opportunity.

What a steal by the Pack. Good luck Rob to, probably the best slot/TE in the history of Sycamore Football. Your home town Bears have, again, missed an opportunity.

Honestly think if Pace hadn't went all-in with that high draft pick, Tonyan would have gotten a shot. My patience is wearing thin with Bears brass.

Nice Catch! Could not have happened against a better team for me. I don't have a problem with the city of Pittsburgh but can't stand the steelers. One of the all time dirtiest teams in the NFL.

Robert Tonyan Jr.

From Tom James on Facebook:

Looks like former IndState WR Robert Tonyan has made the Green Bay Packers initial 53-player regular season roster. Tonyan made GB as a tight end. Needs to hold on through Sunday though as NFL teams can still make roster moves before official 53-man list is set on Monday.

Tonyan could wind up being the first former Sycamore on an NFL opening day roster since OG John Bock in 2000. Bock started at left offensive guard for Miami that season.

From Tom James on Facebook:

Looks like former IndState WR Robert Tonyan has made the Green Bay Packers initial 53-player regular season roster. Tonyan made GB as a tight end. Needs to hold on through Sunday though as NFL teams can still make roster moves before official 53-man list is set on Monday.

Tonyan could wind up being the first former Sycamore on an NFL opening day roster since OG John Bock in 2000. Bock started at left offensive guard for Miami that season.

18 years since we’ve put someone on an NFL roster? Wow. And in the last 20-30 years is it only Bock and Brandenburg (meaning was there anyone besides those two after Tunch, Davis and Glenn)?

Last edited:
Back