[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '14 KS SG Ben Richardson (Loyola Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
benrichardson.jpg

Shooting Guard

Overland Park (KS) Blue Valley Northwest
AAU: MoKan Elite

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 180 lbs

Profiles: 247 Sports | ESPN | Rivals | Scout

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Richardson's team was at the Peach Jam where Coach Lansing was in attendance.

Last edited:
Obviously it is hard to read too much into any player from a video that has cherry picked highlights,....but,.....i do like his shot, and i like the fact that even when off balance he does a nice job squaring up to the basket quickly on each shot.

Obviously it is hard to read too much into any player from a video that has cherry picked highlights,....but,.....i do like his shot, and i like the fact that even when off balance he does a nice job squaring up to the basket quickly on each shot.
Yep. I also think you can read through the lines and understand what his and the other SG offers mean. Looks like Richardson is going to be in my backyard at the Crossroads Challenge at the Fishers Fieldhouse. Will try to get out and see him in person.

Yep. I also think you can read through the lines and understand what his and the other SG offers mean. Looks like Richardson is going to be in my backyard at the Crossroads Challenge at the Fishers Fieldhouse. Will try to get out and see him in person.

I read those lines a week ago when this all broke. Certain thread(s) i have not even bothered to read. Maybe after the other one commits to another school they can stop BS'ing us and wasting our time with excuses, red herrings, etc. last time I checked, we are all big kids that can handle the truth,......some better than others,...but can all handle it nonetheless.

Blue Valley is the school district I live in. I've heard good things about this kid, but I've yet to see him play.

They air high school basketball on the local radio and have heard some chatter about him on the pre and post-game shows. He's an excellent shooter and passer, but he lacks some athleticism and size. He's more in the Jordan Printy-mold, which isn't necessary a bad thing. He may struggle on the defensive end defending the more athletic 2-guards in the Valley.

Again, this is meant as no knock on Ben; he's an excellent player. Teams need guys like him, and he could definitely mature into a very good starter for us down the road.

Blue Valley is the school district I live in. I've heard good things about this kid, but I've yet to see him play.

They air high school basketball on the local radio and have heard some chatter about him on the pre and post-game shows. He's an excellent shooter and passer, but he lacks some athleticism and size. He's more in the Jordan Printy-mold, which isn't necessary a bad thing. He may struggle on the defensive end defending the more athletic 2-guards in the Valley.

Again, this is meant as no knock on Ben; he's an excellent player. Teams need guys like him, and he could definitely mature into a very good starter for us down the road.

Don't think he is anything like Jordan Printy after having watched him this weekend. If I'd compare him to anyone, he moved around a lot like Menser on the floor in the way he did a little bit of everything well on top of being a good shooter. While he isn't a 5-star athlete, I think he would fit in the Valley just fine.

I have several updates on him from the Crossroads Challenge that I went to this weekend in the Supporting Members forum.

Richardson's AAU teammate and fellow UMKC offer Noah Knight committed to UMKC. He is also considered a SG by most sites. Not sure if that is still an option for him now but they do have quite a few spots left -- 5.

Richardson's AAU teammate and fellow UMKC offer Noah Knight committed to UMKC. He is also considered a SG by most sites. Not sure if that is still an option for him now but they do have quite a few spots left -- 5.

Now has offers from us, UNCW, Wright State, Richmond, Stephen F. Austin, UMKC, Manhattan, Northern Colorado and UMass. UMKC picked up a second SG commit this week.

Has scheduled his official visit to Indiana State on 9/20. Will officially visit UMass the next weekend per Eric Bossi of Rivals.

Is basketball recruiting like football recruiting in that you only get five "official" visits? If so, the fact that he is taking an official to State is a good sign. It is a good sign regardless, but if he only gets five official visits, then we must be fairly high on his list.

Back