'20 IA PG Masen Miller (4/12/2022)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I'm excited about his 3pt shooting stats too, but a little perspective...

Tobias Howard Jr (that name ring a bell?), shot 47.51% from 3pt last year for D2 Salem (WV).

I'm excited about his 3pt shooting stats too, but a little perspective...

Tobias Howard Jr (that name ring a bell?), shot 47.51% from 3pt last year for D2 Salem (WV).

This is a pretty solid name and stat to bring to this discussion...

He's a walk-on - so nothing ventured nothing gained. I'd also go ahead and say without a shadow of a doubt - this kid is probably a little more team oriented than Tobias Howard Jr. So while the shooter percentage and lack of defense at D2 needs to be kept in perspective - so does the fact that Howard was really just not a great addition for many reasons.

YES. Howard really was a disappointment. Came in here and did nothing. Wonder what happened at Salem. Maturity?

This guy was FOY in the conference with UIndy. We know those schools can play some ball.
We'll just have to see. As of right now, I would only question his speed, but all of our current players are not rabbits.

Apparently, he was offered by Lipscomb and Wofford. One of them was ranked much higher than us in Sagarin.

Last edited:
3pt attempts went up by almost 70 (146 to 214) from 1st yr to 2nd yr and his make % STILL went up by 28%. I don't care what division or conf, that is serious improvement. 2:1 a/to ratio in his 2nd year ain't too shabby either.

Quick quiz: name the last Sycamore to have a 2:1 a/to ratio.

Another Iowa boy!! Making ex-coach Lansing proud 🤣 In all seriousness, typically Iowa produces some pretty darn good talent. Hopefully this kid can produce at the D1 level in the future.

Sorry, I cheated and looked it up. Great line for a player that is easily forgotten.
140 assists
50% fg
led the team in rebounds at 6.2 and 2nd in scoring.

3pt attempts went up by almost 70 (146 to 214) from 1st yr to 2nd yr and his make % STILL went up by 28%. I don't care what division or conf, that is serious improvement. 2:1 a/to ratio in his 2nd year ain't too shabby either.

Quick quiz: name the last Sycamore to have a 2:1 a/to ratio.
MM

Sorry, I cheated and looked it up. Great line for a player that is easily forgotten.
140 assists
50% fg
led the team in rebounds at 6.2 and 2nd in scoring.
I had to look it up also, had no clue. Interesting that the answer is a non D1 guy turned D1. VU seems to always produce a couple legit D1 transfers every year or 2. Hope Schertz and staff do a better job mining those gems.

Really liked EC. His numbers probably would have been even better considering he wasn't on the greatest of teams.
You're being really kind the way you refer to that team lol. EC was legit. A better team and he challenges for top 5 single season assist mark in my opinion.

By the way, I never knew that the 78-79 team had 3 dudes who's assist numbers that year are in the top 6 for all time single season assists!! DAMN!!

You're being really kind the way you refer to that team lol. EC was legit. A better team and he challenges for top 5 single season assist mark in my opinion.

By the way, I never knew that the 78-79 team had 3 dudes who's assist numbers that year are in the top 6 for all time single season assists!! DAMN!!

Hah, 100%. Yeah, it's like wasting a David Moss. Think about Moss on some of the teams when we needed an offensive killer.

Back