'20 IN C Nick Hittle (Transferred to Southern Indiana)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Seems to be progressing defensively since I last saw him which is a good sign. Nick's got a really high ceiling if he can get post Defense and offense down.

Best case scenario, he becomes Liam Robbins from Drake. Anyone who watched that kid play last year would never have expected his progression to year 2.

You can't teach someone to seven feet tall, but it's going to be on the coaching staff and on Hittle to improve and round-out his game and his body. He's a project, but one that could pay dividends. I unfortunately am going to have a hard time being patient with a project like Hittle when we're going to need post help starting next year.

Best case scenario, he becomes Liam Robbins from Drake. Anyone who watched that kid play last year would never have expected his progression to year 2.

You can't teach someone to seven feet tall, but it's going to be on the coaching staff and on Hittle to improve and round-out his game and his body. He's a project, but one that could pay dividends. I unfortunately am going to have a hard time being patient with a project like Hittle when we're going to need post help starting next year.

So what is Hittle's status? Does anyone know? Is he injured/redshirted? If he's redshirted, why? We need big bodies now...like today!!!

Last edited:

There is nothing in Hittle's background or high school film that says he would be any help down low, especially as a freshman.

We don't anyone on the roster that stops Prim. Just a fact.
And I don't think there is any big help coming in next year either.

Does anyone understand the new rules? The way I figure, Hittle would have 5 more years to play 4 whether he plays this year or not.

Does anyone understand the new rules? The way I figure, Hittle would have 5 more years to play 4 whether he plays this year or not.

Whether he plays 4, 5 or 6 years there is nothing in Hittle's background or high school film that says he would be any help down low, or at any position in the future. He has the same skill set as all the other 6' 10" plus recruits we've brought in.

Back