2008 Volleyball thread

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
might as well have one thread to report VB results.

Anyway, it seems ISU has a secret weapon to win home matches, HEAT. They must turn the heat on in the arena. The EIU report from tonight's match talks about how hot it was in the arena.

Regardless, the women WON in 4 sets, thus equaling their entire win total from 2007.

ISU is now 3-2 on the season and has another tourney this weekend I think.

EIU results link

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
weekend tourney

VB plays in a 5 team tourney this weekend in Memphis.

Friday they play Troy (picked 9th in the Sunbelt), and Iona (picked 3rd in the MAAC).

Saturday they play Memphis (picked 7th in the C-USA), and IUPUI (picked 6th in the Mid-Con).

Hopefully they'll get some more wins this weekend.

:sycamores:

SycamoreSage

The Captain Level
What a Difference A Year Makes!

ISU's volleyball team, down 0-2 after two sets, came from behind to defeat Troy, 3-2, this morning in Memphis. The scores: 22-25, 18-25, 25-17, 25-20 and 15-8. Great victory. I followed it on Gametracker and a lot of players contributed. The Sycamores play Iona tonight.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
Great news!

that's GREAT to see, you're right! what a difference a year and a new coach makes! And it's great to see they just didn't give up and throw in the towel either.

ISU beat Iona last season, so hopefully they will again later today.

ISU over Troy release

ISU's volleyball team, down 0-2 after two sets, came from behind to defeat Troy, 3-2, this morning in Memphis. The scores: 22-25, 18-25, 25-17, 25-20 and 15-8. Great victory. I followed it on Gametracker and a lot of players contributed. The Sycamores play Iona tonight.

SycamoreSage

The Captain Level
Time of Iona Game Tonight

One page of Gametracker (The Game Page) is giving the time of the ISU-Iona game as 5:30 p.m. Another (The Front Page) says 7 p.m. You might want to go to The Game Page to be sure.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
Sage, you're right, match is underway, you think you and I are the only ones who pay attention to ISU VB and the other "minor" sports at ISU?

One page of Gametracker (The Game Page) is giving the time of the ISU-Iona game as 5:30 p.m. Another (The Front Page) says 7 p.m. You might want to go to The Game Page to be sure.

SycamoreSage

The Captain Level
Following Minor Sports

I see where we lost the first set, 25-21.

I think there are a few others who are interested in the minor sports, some who post regularly and some who do not post at all. ISUCC ranks high among those who post.

Every time ISU's name hits the newspaper, it is good for the university. And if we win, that is worth its weight in gold even if the the program is being subsidized. A winning athletic program fosters school pride, community enthusiasm and team camaraderie.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
down 2-0 to Iona, gonna have to be another 5 set match if ISU wants to win this one. Last season ISU beat Iona 3-0 at the Eastern Illinois Invitational.

I hope they're not getting overconfident now?

SycamoreSage

The Captain Level
We Are Down, 0-2.

Looks like we are in some trouble. We lost the second set, 25-22. Based upon the team's performance this morning, it will not give up.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
yeah, they're gonna give Dahl a heart attack if they keep going to 5 set matches, but if they win, then all's good. Looking better in set 3 here.

Looks like we are in some trouble. We lost the second set, 25-22. Based upon the team's performance this morning, it will not give up.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
I wonder if Dahl gave them the same speech when they were down 2-0 to Troy this morning?

ISU wins set 3 by a 25 - 17 score

maybe it just takes them a while to get warmed up? If they lose this match I would imagine they will be quite upset. It's one they should win. Iona obviously better than in 2007

SycamoreSage

The Captain Level
We Won But Are Still Down, 1-2.

Okeh! We won the third set, 25-17, dominating it in the early going. We still have some major work to do!

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
Sage, will momentum carry these girls to another 5 set win? They seem to have found their rhythm here in the last 2 sets.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
well shoot, Iona wins the 5th set 15-13, ISU never gave up, great match!

Iona wins 3-2

ISU now 4-3 on the season with matches vs. Memphis and IUPUI on Saturday.

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
IUPUI beat Memphis last night, Troy beat IUPUI yesterday, ISU plays Memphis and IUPUI today. Wonder if we'll see a couple more 5 set matches?

ISU needs to get off to a better start and not get in that 0-2 hole.