2020-2021 Men's Basketball Schedule

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
ISUCC is slipping as he usually opens this thread once hoops season ends. With the Purdue announcement, figured it makes sense to get one going.

November 13 - @ Purdue

Last edited:

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Does anyone remember if the NDSU game was a H/H? If so, we're likely returning that this year.

We only had 4 home in our 11 non-con games last year.

Sycamorefan96

The Captain Level
Does anyone remember if the NDSU game was a H/H? If so, we're likely returning that this year.

We only had 4 home in our 11 non-con games last year.
I'm pretty sure I remember it being a H/H. I never heard anything about if the Tennessee State game was a buy game or if we are also playing them in an H/H series.

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter
How about an MTE for the upcoming season? I thought we had one on the books for 2020, but I forget where.

There was a link a few years ago that that a massive list of MTEs and future confirmations. But I haven't seen/found it in a while.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I'm slacking

Road games
@ Purdue
@ North Dakota State
@ Ball State (our game in Indy was a home game for us this past season, so we're there next season)
@ Gulf Coast Showcase

Home games
None for sure yet, but for sure one or two Non-D1 games, i.e. Missouri-St Louis, Quincy, Marian, McKendree, UIndy, Lindenwood type schools.

if I were betting I'd say our home opener for the new Hulman Center won't be terribly exciting, probably IUPUI, IPFW, EIU, or another MAC, OVC, or Horizon League team that we'll have to do a home/home with. If we get a P6 school we'll probably have to do a 3 for 1 deal with them, and I don't see that happening.

Also, I would be willing to bet we'll play more than one game on our trip to Fargo, so we'll probably play another Dakota school on the road, then have them come to Hulman Center in the 2021-2022 season. No need to go all the way up there to play one game.

Last edited:

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I'm slacking

Road games
@ Purdue
@ North Dakota State
@ Ball State (our game in Indy was a home game for us this past season, so we're there next season)
@ Gulf Coast Showcase

Home games
None for sure yet, but for sure one or two Non-D1 games, i.e. Missouri-St Louis, Quincy, Marian, McKendree, UIndy, Lindenwood type schools.

if I were betting I'd say our home opener for the new Hulman Center won't be terribly exciting, probably IUPUI, IPFW, EIU, or another MAC, OVC, or Horizon League team that we'll have to do a home/home with. If we get a P6 school we'll probably have to do a 3 for 1 deal with them, and I don't see that happening.

Also, I would be willing to bet we'll play more than one game on our trip to Fargo, so we'll probably play another Dakota school on the road, then have them come to Hulman Center in the 2021-2022 season. No need to go all the way up there to play one game.

Any chance we play the ISU_Muncee Hoosieroons in Indy again?

Sadly, agree on the Div II game; Marian is still NAIA, correct? It's been decades since we played an NAIA school, no?

shocked if we play a P5 school anywhere but a neutral court/MTE

Deehee33

The White Level
With so many people from Indiana living in Ft Myers.. The Sycamores should have a decent turn out. I will drive down from Orlando..

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
As we talk about our possible opponent for the opening of the new and improved HC, one question,.....will it open on time? Are they working on it as we speak or are they off the job due to the pandemic?

Daveinth

The Wade Level
Supporter
Which team you guys going to cheer for?
Probably whatever team you are going against. Hey buddy what are you going to do now that the Thanks button is gone and all the little minions will not be able to jump on that little jock strap ? I mean oh my the great Wizard of ISU speaking behind the keyboard wants to question someone willing to travel to a game ? You know all there is to know about Basketball tell me this if The program is under such great leadership why do we have a coach grasping at 5th year transfers ? Just because someone doesnt agree with your views you become very defensive . Maybe you should sale that mediocrity insurance you could probably be above 500 every ten years .

Last edited:

Sycamorefan96

The Captain Level
I was wondering about the Thanks button. I thought maybe it just wasn't popping up with my phone, but at least now I know it just isn't on here anymore.

meistro

The Newsom Level
Supporter
As we talk about our possible opponent for the opening of the new and improved HC, one question,.....will it open on time? Are they working on it as we speak or are they off the job due to the pandemic?
Yes, it's still being worked on daily.