2020 Off-season Football Thread

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Two questions:

1. Why in the name of all things holy are we playing a lower division school again? That bit us in the arse last year. Buy that game out and schedule Butler or someone like that. With ISU, you just never know when a football team might have shot at the playoffs. Or not have a shot...

2. We spent $2M on lights for Memorial Stadium. We didn't use them once this year, even though we had three September home games. Will we use the lights next year? I know soccer uses them, but let's be real - football is the reason we have them. And they were not utilized at all this year. Night football is fun. We need all the fun "gimmicks" we can get to lure people to our games.

Inquiring minds want to know...

A couple of players have left, Isaac Fotu, and Shaniel (sic?) Green. Fotu's fiancee is pregnant and they are moving back to Utah to be closer to family. Don't know Greens reason but he has an offer from Quincy according to a Twitter post.

We basically have no shot at making the playoffs next year. We'd have to go 8-3 since we're too stupid to schedule D1 teams. If we have any chance at all we will have to go undefeated in non-conference play.

Personally I would like too see us schedule Valpo every year. I would even be okay with 2 for 1's or home and homes. At least they are D1 and in the MVC.

Last edited:
We basically have no shot at making the playoffs next year. We'd have to go 8-3 since we're too stupid to schedule D1 teams. If we have any chance at all we will have to go undefeated in non-conference play.

Personally I would like too see us schedule Valpo every year. I would even be okay with 2 for 1's or home and homes. At least they are D1 and in the MVC.

It’ll be tough. If the committee sticks with its “7 D-1 wins minimum” mantra we need to have one heck of a season. Hard to find 7, let alone 8, D-1 wins on that schedule. How/why we didn’t learn our lesson from 2018 and scheduled Lindenwhoever is beyond me....especially with 2 presumed guaranteed losses vs MTSU and the obvious Bison. And I can’t imagine MTSU offered that big of a payday, at least not what we’re used to. Weird and tough 2020 schedule with no big payday and not conducive to an FCS playoff resume unless we shock some teams.

Have never heard of Lindenwood. Agree with the criticism. Idiotic. Of course it doesn't really matter if we don't field a competitive offense.

Have never heard of Lindenwood. Agree with the criticism. Idiotic. Of course it doesn't really matter if we don't field a competitive offense.

Illinois State is in the quarterfinals and I wouldnt call their offense competitive. Yes I know how many yards Robinson had

Id venture that nearly all of our fanbase would take a FCS Quarterfinal berth and damn the "competitive" offense...

I'm all for a great defense, but we need a competent offense. Doesn't have to be as good as the D.

A couple of players have left, Isaac Fotu, and Shaniel (sic?) Green. Fotu's fiancee is pregnant and they are moving back to Utah to be closer to family. Don't know Greens reason but he has an offer from Quincy according to a Twitter post.

Fotu is a big loss.

OFF-Off Season Football...

What's the over/under on Lane Kiffin getting his ass in a sling in Oxford, MS within 5 seasons?

A nationally-televised MVFC defensive struggle on ESPN right now. 9-3 NDSU in the 4th Q vs ISU Red. Someday the Sycs will get there, right? Right?

We can only hope we see December football at Memorial Stadium. Its amazing how NDSU does it. I was rooting for the birds.

I think everyone outside of NDSU was rooting for the Birds. I actually think there's a pretty good chance that Montana State beats NDSU next weekend. Heck NDSU isn't even selling out anymore. I saw where they were 5000 under a sellout today.

Tomorrow is a big day, early signing period. Does anyone have inside information on how good this class is going to be?

Did our QB get a 6th year?

Back