2021-2022 Eligibility Chart

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I believe they do. I cannot find anything on NCAA.org stating they instituted the same scholarship cap changes they did with spring sports from last year.

If someone else wants to dig through their COVID stuff, it's here: https://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/covid-19-coronavirus ... Maybe I missed it.
I thought they do not count based on what I read. But that assumes ISU would pay for 15. It might be moot. We probably don't need more than 13, assuming we can fill the roster.
Shouldn't Cooper and Stephens be JR's in the eligibility chart?
If that's the case, we would have no SR's in the 13.

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
So with today's TribStar article mentioning some returning guys out of the portal and Miller opting in on the gratis year, that is now 9 under scholarship leaving 4 more openings. It sounds like one is earmarked for Key and will be held as long as need be so theoretically they have 3 to play with and 2 if Neese buys in.

So with that in mind, they needs bigs. Preferably one banger and one stretch 4 shooter. The new coach Boisvert is out recruiting what appears to be the banger 5 type from the JUCO ranks and if Valpo's Jacob Ognacevic wants to be that stretch 4, we essentially can call it a day.

So you don't think they will go over 13? Is that based on PT or $?

From what I have seen in videos, Stephens, Wilbar and Hittle can ALL "stretch."

Last edited:
So you don't think they will go over 13? Is that based on PT or $?

From what I have seen in videos, Stephens, Wilbar and Hittle can ALL "stretch."

ISU still has to cover the cost of those scholarships; doubt the Varsity Club can swing the cost of all of them

ISU still has to cover the cost of those scholarships; doubt the Varsity Club can swing the cost of all of them
I can also see PT issues. That rule was made to cover overflows on teams that already had fr signed or committed. With all the transfers the rule is not really necessary.
Will be crowded for incoming fr.

I can also see PT issues. That rule was made to cover overflows on teams that already had fr signed or committed. With all the transfers the rule is not really necessary.
Will be crowded for incoming fr.

Horse Apples! That rule was designed PURELY to "balance" title IX... football gave many but the SWA's of the NCAA also went after men's basketball.

Remember, MBB used to have 15 scholarships, just like the WBB teams. Now, the WBB have 15 and the MBB have 13

scholarship reductions played ZERO role w/ "overflows"

hell -- FBS football USED to have 120 scholarships, no teams were concerned w/ overflows at that time

Last edited:
Why in the world would he want to? Time for him to move on and go pro...and if Fred Vanvleet can have the career he's had in the NBA.....what is stopping Key? IMO, he's really never had, or given himself the opportunity to show what he can really do in GL's plodding offense.
Hey, Larry Bird came back for another year instead of going pro. Would love to see Tyreke do that.

I'm reading that some underclassmen this year say they probably do not want their extra year of eligibility. That throws our chart in limbo.
We may need to reduce the years remaining of eligibility by one.

And I'm anxious to see the news that Peterson has signed. I'm afraid some big guys may have tried to intercept us.
I love to watch him play. I still can't tell if he is a step slower than the high major guards. He is a little shorter, but he looks fast enough to me.
I would like to see him in all-star action playing against "higher" rated kids.

I'm reading that some underclassmen this year say they probably do not want their extra year of eligibility. That throws our chart in limbo.
We may need to reduce the years remaining of eligibility by one.

And I'm anxious to see the news that Peterson has signed. I'm afraid some big guys may have tried to intercept us.
I love to watch him play. I still can't tell if he is a step slower than the high major guards. He is a little shorter, but he looks fast enough to me.
I would like to see him in all-star action playing against "higher" rated kids.

Not really. It was always up to the staff if they wanted to give the extra eligibility. Remember, all scholarships are one year grants that can be renewed every year. Doesn't mean they have to be.

As for Peterson, Loyola would be my concern. Chicago is Chicago and Valentine is likely going to be a hot name. He had Draymond Green being photographed in Loyola gear after he got the job. He's going to pull whatever punches necessary to land guys he wants.

Not really. It was always up to the staff if they wanted to give the extra eligibility. Remember, all scholarships are one year grants that can be renewed every year. Doesn't mean they have to be.
It's bad for fans. Now we won't know how many openings they will be recruiting for until we hear if a player is leaving or staying the extra year.

Yes, really. It might make a big difference if Henry plays for us 2 years or just 1 year. We'll have to see how he does in the Valley, but I expect him to do well.

It's bad for fans. Now we won't know how many openings they will be recruiting for until we hear if a player is leaving or staying the extra year.

That's the norm today, COVID has added a wrinkle but there's ALWAYS been movement across programs, especially when there's a coaching change

Does anyone know what’s going on with Cooper? He was the one big piece that I’d thought would stay. It would be unfortunate for him to head out, he could be remembered for having a very nice career here.

According to the rumor mill he is gone....possibly to Oakland with former hs teammate Jalen Moore.

Does anyone know what’s going on with Cooper? He was the one big piece that I’d thought would stay. It would be unfortunate for him to head out, he could be remembered for having a very nice career here.

his decision to depart (if he does) is as unfortunate at Jake and Tre leaving; all would have been remembered for their ISU careers. if he chooses to leave; just consider him another broken egg in that new omelette

Back