2021 Basketball Coaching Movement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

I wonder what in the hell ISU was thinking when it locked itself into that.
ISU had a President at the time that publicly stated "I'll never pay a coach more than a Provost." Any mid-major coach (especially in the MVC) taking a team to the NCAA Tourney commands much more than the salary of a Provost when it's contract time--at least at schools that take their basketball program seriously. In fact, I would bet almost every other MVC school pays it's basketball coach much more than it's Provost. Regardless, Prettyman had no leverage, no money, and wasn't negotiating with Lansing from any sort of position of strength. Since ISU wanted to keep him the rolling contract was all they could do to make a long-term deal attractive. It is very telling that during Lansing's losing streak ISU couldn't even afford to buy out two years of the smallest salary in the MVC.

So these days let's say, like Lansing, you take your team to the first round of the NCAAs. DeVries just took his team to the First Four and got extended after making what is widely believed to be over half a million a year....so no doubt he's sniffing the 600-700k a year range. By comparison, we paid our Provost approximately 250k in 2019.

As an aside: The man in the Interim Provost spot now IMO would make an outstanding President and really gets college sports. He's on the CSA report committee. I'm hoping he's considered when Curtis goes (if ISU is lucky enough to keep him until then).

Anyone notice that Bill Self got a lifetime contract which is just adding the 5 year rollover?
It also says he can’t be fired “for cause” due to any NCAA infractions. KU gave him the ultimate green light to cheat however he so pleases without any contractual repercussions.

Meh... No interest in who "coaches" the Heels.... as the ncaa EVER ruled on the bullsh*t classes at unc?

The NCAA rules that because all students (athletes or not) could take the classes and all students received fake/inflated grades it was a university issue not an athletics issue.

The NCAA rules that because all students (athletes or not) could take the classes and all students received fake/inflated grades it was a university issue not an athletics issue.

Mule Fritters! if that SAME stunt had occured at UNC-Asheville, East Carolina or Western Carolina, those programs would have been demolished.

the Heels got a pass

Back