2021 Offseason Player Movement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Only noticed one guy we previously offered on there, C Jaylen Butz leaving DePaul. Oops, there are two. Nick Robinson of Valpo is on there, too.

Also in "now I feel old as shit" news, Jameer Nelson Jr. is in the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Only noticed one guy we previously offered on there, C Jaylen Butz leaving DePaul. Oops, there are two. Nick Robinson of Valpo is on there, too.

Also in "now I feel old as shit" news, Jameer Nelson Jr. is in the transfer portal.
Take a look now at the Sycamores in the transfer portal.....not a good sign.

Its getting hard to enjoy mid-major basketball when everybody transfers that’s worth half a shit And it takes a 27-3 record with NO bad loses to be on the good side of the bubble. It’s getting ridiculous.

as a side note, I work in valpo with some guys that know a player on Valpos team and their source says it’s a complete divide in the VU locker room. No accountability, players show up 30 min late to required team events, back talk in practice, etc.

Its getting hard to enjoy mid-major basketball when everybody transfers that’s worth half a shit And it takes a 27-3 record with NO bad loses to be on the good side of the bubble. It’s getting ridiculous.

as a side note, I work in valpo with some guys that know a player on Valpos team and their source says it’s a complete divide in the VU locker room. No accountability, players show up 30 min late to required team events, back talk in practice, etc.
I'm surprised that coach has been able to stay. Lots of transfers.

Way more players in the portal than spots available. As such, some of our guys will be forced to either 1) accept the new coach or 2) take a step down.

Laravia and Williams are two exceptions, sure, and losing them will hurt. But transfers will be brought in to replace their minutes. I am also interested to see how many high school offers go out as soon as Schertz is officially hired. Lansing wasn't able to recruit past this year because of his contract. I imagine ISU will be heavy on unsigned high school prospects.

Last edited:
Way more players in the portal than spots available. As such, some of our guys will be forced to either 1) accept the new coach or 2) take a step down.

Laravia and Williams are two exceptions, sure, and losing them will hurt. But transfers will be brought in to replace their minutes. I am also interested to see how many high school offers go out as soon as Schertz is officially hired.

Always are. All they should do is go look at VerbalCommits previous transfer lists and see how many players took a step down or didn't get another scholarship.

The lack of value put on a college degree still boggles my mind to this day.

This is all a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. I get that the players are hurt that GL was let go and their lobbying for him didn’t produce the result they wanted, but there is nothing more they can do for GL. Now they have to take care of themselves. And as Jason pointed out there are a finite amount of spots available and more than a few won’t have a chair when the music stops.

Who cares I got attached to watching Williams and Lavara, this all sucks look how good we would have looked if we kept GL!

Back