2022-23 Around The Valley

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Eh, maybe that’s impressive, maybe not. Just too hard to tell with exhibition games.

Kentucky played Missouri Western State tonight and only led by 8 at halftime I believe. Final score was 56-38. No one would believe that MWS is good enough to play within 20 of Kentucky night in and night out.

All that said, I still would rather beat Tusculum by 50 Tuesday than play close. But I won’t go overboard if we don’t play as well as I would like.

Last edited:
We win 80-53

Toledo let up and still rolled Valpo, 85-70.

UNI beat up on Wartburg 105-49.

Belmont beat Ohio, 70-69

Western Illinois upset Illinois State in Normal, 71-68.

SIU rolled Little Rock 94-63.

Bradley rolled Wisconsin-Parkside, 93-59.

St. Louis rolled Murray State, 91-68.

UIC rolled Trinity, 82-48.

Evansville up on Miami (OH) 70-63 at 5m mark.

I really liked that WIU win over the Jailbirds. I think WIU had a decent squad last season if I remember correctly.

I've got to say it's always irritated me a little that the MVC has never gave them consideration for an invite. They're close by and have been a loyal founding MVFC member since it's creation in 1985. Kind of sad that the other MVC publics and ISU have never vouched for them if you ask me.

Evansville wins. Nice.

He decided he wanted to be a bench dude in the SEC.

USI hit 14/17 3-pts hots in the 2nd half to bridge the gap...

Evansville wins. Nice.

I think Evansville might be decent this year. Don't know how deep they will be but they start a couple of 6'10 guys I believe. Might be tough to handle. Strawbridge is pretty good for them as well.

Last edited:
I think Evansville might be decent this year. Don't know how deep they will be but they start a couple of 6'10 guys I believe. Might be tough to handle. Strawbridge is pretty good for them as well.

Well, if Ragland is keeping the same system he used at Vincennes, they will likely be like us last year where they are up and down but when their guys are hitting, they could run people off the floor. Provided he can recruit, they will get better quickly and I know Rags was a boots on the ground guy there.

Mosely is at Mizzou now....
Sorry Treeman - my reading comprehension sucks today.

The only curious line in the box score came alongside Isiaih Mosley’s name: The prolific shooter from Missouri State scored just four points off the bench but played only four minutes in the second half. Mosley finished a team-worst minus-3 in plus-minus. The Tigers were outscored by seven points in the brief time he played in the second half. But there was nothing Mosley did wrong, Gates insisted. He just happens to play on a team with enough balance and depth that some nights an expected contributor might watch from the bench.

Back