2022-23 Around The Valley

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Liberty beat Bradley, 55-44
UCF routed Evansville, 76-56
SIU plays Cal Baptist here in a bit.
I’ve been preaching on here for what seems like years now how F’ing pathetic this league is… Before we really had anything to support that theory other than what we were all watching.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
The Ramblers left for probably a better TV package money wise. Not sure the A10 teams will draw better crowds than the alums in the Chicago area that went to cheer on the Sycamores, Redbirds, Braves and Salukis. Their won loss record and ratings on Kenpom do not look all that great so far. In the long run, UIC will benefit the MVC, with its huge amount of cash, superior venue, and a huge alumnae base in the Chicagoland area that could come alive one day.

The Ramblers left for probably a better TV package money wise. Not sure the A10 teams will draw better crowds than the alums in the Chicago area that went to cheer on the Sycamores, Redbirds, Braves and Salukis. Their won loss record and ratings on Kenpom do not look all that great so far. In the long run, UIC will benefit the MVC, with its huge amount of cash, superior venue, and a huge alumnae base in the Chicagoland area that could come alive one day.
The biggest reason Loyola left is because the A10 is a better institutional fit for them. Including Loyola there are 11 private schools (out of 15) in the A10, 8 of which are Catholic; and all of the schools except SBU are located in large metropolitan areas.

UIC is a better fit for the MVC because they field baseball and a few other MVC sponsored sports that Loyola didn't offer. I was okay with their addition because of baseball, but I'm not really sure they deserved an invite. I think they got in purely because of their location and not because of their quality (particularly in men's basketball).

Going back to the Atlantic 10, I am somewhat concerned that if Belmont continues to have a high rate of success in the MVC that the A10 might end up grabbing them up too. Look at a map and they are a perfect fit right between St Louis and Charlotte (Davidson); plus it would add the Nashville market which is one of the fastest growing cities and a tourism center.

Valpo lost to SDSU, 61-50. They were neck and neck and then Krikke just quit being a focal point.
Missouri State currently in a close game with UNC Wilmington.

unfortunately Missouri State lost to UNC Wilmington, so they get to play Ball State tomorrow

Evansville of course is losing to South Alabama

unfortunately Missouri State lost to UNC Wilmington, so they get to play Ball State tomorrow

Evansville of course is losing to South Alabama

Missouri State has a guard that is a real hothead. He was pushing guys and ended up getting a technical during the stretch I watched.

Also, their PG that transferred in is fast as hell.

LMAO.

Ball State up 10 with a minute. Missouri State forces like 3-4 turnovers in a row to cut it to 2. Fouls Sparks with 10s to go. Sparks splits the pair. Clay drives to the hoop with like 5s to go and is blocked at the rim. Total lack of hoops IQ there after fighting back.

UNI (1-3) vs Northern Illinois (2-4) just tipped.

Other games today:

Robert Morris (2-3) vs Evansville (1-5)
Bradley (3-3) hosting Merrimack (1-5)
Louisiana (5-0) at Drake (5-0)
UIC (4-2) at Green Bay (0-5)
Murray State (3-2) at Chattanooga (2-3)

This preseason playing out much like last years. Only difference is the expectations going into the season. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Last year was overhyped. This year just crickets waiting for any team to rise to the occasion.

Yes, the Valley is shit outside of Drake, but who gives a shit? Most are clear on here it’s a one bid league and we have a team with the talent to be that one bid.

Drake has some quality opportunities remaining so I wouldn’t count them out as an at large candidate. I just wouldn’t get my hopes up because the margin of error is small.

LMAO.

Ball State up 10 with a minute. Missouri State forces like 3-4 turnovers in a row to cut it to 2. Fouls Sparks with 10s to go. Sparks splits the pair. Clay drives to the hoop with like 5s to go and is blocked at the rim. Total lack of hoops IQ there after fighting back.
You’re saying Missouri State played really stupid and poorly coached?

Huh. How surprising. 🤔

Back