2023-24 Rankings & Accolades

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I am living this up, ladies and gents. With each additional win this feeling inside that something incredibly special will happen grows bigger and bigger. This team is truly something all of us Blue Blooded Sycamores have dreamed of, especially those of us who missed out on the '79 season. Saying final four seems crazy, but legitimately is this Sycamore team not on par with the 2018 LUC Ramblers? I feel that they are....we aren't as good defensively, but our offense is significantly better than theirs was. I know it would take some wild things happening and luck on our side, but hell, why not dream big.

Zero shits about the NIT for this season.
Especially with regular season champions not being locked in, and 12 spots being reserved for Power 5 and Big East team, as well as those 12 automatically getting home games I believe, there's every inventive for any mid-major actually deemed worthy of a spot to decline out of spite

Nevada will definitely be ranked next week after receiving no votes this week. Won two games against ranked teams this week

I mean we are going to be ranked. Personally I don't give a shit what number is by our name but the fact that we got there this deep into the season is incredible. I'm not going to complain for one second about something that we haven't done since 1979! We just need to keep winning; great things are happening, sit back relax, enjoy a packed Hulman, and take in these moments!

#20 in the NET now. We need to beat the brakes off Ill. State and then get a Quad 2 roady win @ SIU. Solidify national ranking and most likely stay in top 20 NET.

We have known for awhile now that we are getting every teams best shot, sitting at the top of the MVC and now with a top 25 ranking. We all need to remember though that 17 through 25 ALL lost at least one game this week and now that target is right on our back.

The last thing we need is to see those ugly dogs rushing the court next week along with Mr. T. Brown…

Everyone from 16 to 25 lost at least once this past week. Unfortunately, several of them won their last games of the week so they may get saved off of that.

Definitely see San Diego State and New Mexico dropping out. FAU is playing Wichita State right now and if the Shox could somehow pull the upset at home (how funny is that), they'd likely drop out, too. FAU is up early -- game on ESPN2 if you want to catch it.

So even with everything that happened, unless the refs trip us up tonight, we should come in at #25 in the next AP poll.

Like I said, everyone from 16-25 lost at least one of their games this week and both #24 and #25 lost their last game which recency bias is always fresh if the folks voting don't look at both games from the week.

We were 3rd in RV behind Saint Mary's and TCU and TCU lost twice this week including handedly yesterday, 71-59 so there is no way they should maintain their votes especially since they are at 7 losses now.

As for the Coaches, we should be in easier there since we were AHEAD of TCU and our votes were much closer to the #24 and #25 spots.

So I think we come in at least #25th in both polls this week. Again, unless there is a phantom Flagrant 2 called on us by Bo Boroski, who makes his WWE sneak return from retirement.

AP Poll:

#24 SDSU had 141 votes, #25 New Mexico had 123 votes

Others receiving votes:

Saint Mary's 73, TCU 72, Indiana St. 53, Boise St. 49, Colorado St. 43, Virginia 32, Texas 22, Oklahoma 17, Mississippi 10, Washington St 6, Memphis 5, Appalachian St 4, Gonzaga 2, Grand Canyon 1, Michigan St. 1.

Coaches Poll:

#24 SDSU had 68 votes, #25 New Mexico had 60 votes

Others receiving votes:

Saint Mary's 57; Indiana State 45; TCU 36; Colorado State 32; Virginia 17; Oklahoma 12; Grand Canyon 12; Northwestern 8; Boise State 7; Gonzaga 6; Texas 5; Michigan State 4; Ole Miss 2; App State 2;

Wish they would drop Kentucky out of the top 25! Lost last three at home games and last one was to Gonzaga who is was 0-6 quad one wins. They dropped 7 spots to 16 last week hope they drop them more than 7 this week! I can’t stand UK!

Was trying to figure out the last time a MVC team has been ranked. Thinking Loyola was ranked during their run, but not in the MVC anymore. Maybe have to go back to Wichita State, also not here anymore.

Not only is it great recognition for us (obviously) it’s also great for the league overall to have our conference being talked about. Also helps that Drake/Bradley are also damn good bball teams.

Was trying to figure out the last time a MVC team has been ranked. Thinking Loyola was ranked during their run, but not in the MVC anymore. Maybe have to go back to Wichita State, also not here anymore.
Drake was ranked I think during the covid year for a week or 2. They started out like 17-0 or something.

I'm sure Loyola was ranked with Krutwig but honestly I don't ever remember them being ranked.

Wichita was obviously ranked and Creighton was over the years, UNI was ranked real high with I believe Wichita when they had a winner take all MVC championship game in Frosty Falls where both teams were top 10 and GameDay was there.

That's about all I have off the top of my head

Back