2023-24 Rankings & Accolades

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

I remember driving back from a Butler game in a snow storm in February of 1977 with my ex-brother-in-law, when we heard on the radio that the Trees were ranked in the top 10 for the first time. We hooted and hollered and I about augured the old Dodge van into a snow bank. BTW, the Trees blew the doors off Hinkle in the last 10 minutes of that game.

You're referencing the Coaches Poll - 1976-77 season?

New logo should have never happened. Awful generic state "outline" thanks, Deb!

To be fair... That was likely on Clinkscales and the athletic department. That is an athletic logo - not the official university logo. https://www.indstate.edu/university-marketing/brand-toolbox/logos

Also to be fair - I hated it and I have fought it since the very beginning. But the look as sort of grown on me. That's hard for me to type because I've lead the charge against it for the longest time.

To be fair... That was likely on Clinkscales and the athletic department. That is an athletic logo - not the official university logo. https://www.indstate.edu/university-marketing/brand-toolbox/logos

Also to be fair - I hated it and I have fought it since the very beginning. But the look as sort of grown on me. That's hard for me to type because I've lead the charge against it for the longest time.
To be fair... it's IS the official Athletics logo - right?

Though for some unknown reason, ISU had 3-5 different fonts, logos for varying athl teams...

Congrats to the MBB team for fighting into the Top 25 poll(s) - both of them!

Take care of business this week and we will jump the Mildcats of Kentucky! They play Auburn at Auburn look for 4 losses in a row baby!!!! Poor Joey Hart not having fun sitting on far end that bench!

LOL - I have no idea. It was over 40 years ago!

just curious - i don't think the trees were ranked in either poll in Feb 1977... but were in Feb 1978

Course, that's just the Div I era...

Klueh and Stauffer had the Trees in the Div II, aka College Poll for several seasons

Back