2023 Offseason Player Movement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
That 6.6 rebounds is pretty impressive. I still think we need to get a big/wing that can rebound and be a threat defensively. Someone with mobility and length.
I like to look at the game box scores page on espn and this guy was consistently getting 8-9 rebounds per game. I think he only had one double-double but he was a double-double threat most games. Looks like he was the best player on a really bad Monmouth team, fwiw.

I also think the sycamores need more size to bang with these types of bigs. Maybe Avila and vorst is enough. Time will tell.

I like to look at the game box scores page on espn and this guy was consistently getting 8-9 rebounds per game. I think he only had one double-double but he was a double-double threat most games. Looks like he was the best player on a really bad Monmouth team, fwiw.

I also think the sycamores need more size to bang with these types of bigs. Maybe Avila and vorst is enough. Time will tell.
I don't believe Avila was even one of our leading rebounders last year and I don't think we should count on a freshman either. I guess we'll see what our coaches decide to do with the last scholly soon enough.

I don't believe Avila was even one of our leading rebounders last year and I don't think we should count on a freshman either. I guess we'll see what our coaches decide to do with the last scholly soon enough.
Our system isn't designed to allow Avila to be our leading rebounder. It's always been box out the bigs and let the guards rebound.

ATIN WRIGHT is going to Drake from Cal State Northridge. 6-1 Guard 16.8ppg, 3.2rpg, 1.7apg, 39.4 FG%, 32.8 3FG%, 86.3% FT%. He looks like a good pick up.

Couple days left before new entrants into the portal closes up. It's about to get weird because then you have two weeks for stars that put their name in the draft to return. I noticed a lot of schools look to be full so there are a lot of kids that are about to learn the stark reality of waiting for a "better" opportunity.

I know i was all in on him transferring here, but it was mostly just wishing....i had zero inside info. I hope for his sake he gets to play a significant role this year. If ZE returns to Purdue i am not sure how much Trey gets on the floor.

I think if we signed a guard from powerhouse UTA that shot 39% from the field and 36% from 3 and had almost as many turnovers as assists we would hear a collective "WTF"

Not much off season news has come out of Cedar Falls this off season but James Betz is not coming back for the Panthers. According to their faithful, he got married real young, already has 2 small kids and just is moving on to the next chapter of life. Also they are saying that Austin Phyfe still isn't cleared for contact yet and maybe had another health setback. Guy has been on campus for 6 years already and has plenty of education to go make money and a difference in a post basketball world. Would be very surprising to see him on a basketball court again.

Back