[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 GA C Ryan Mutumbo (Georgetown)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

pbutler218

The All-American Level
Supporter
Center
Atlanta (GA) Lovett
Ht: 6'10" | Wt: 210 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
He looks like Dikembe, so I'm assuming he's his son.

This may sound odd, but we need to make him a priority if even just for notoriety sake. He has the pedigree to be great and is worth the gamble even if we're his first D1 offer. You can't teach 6'10" with those bloodlines...

I wouldn't care if he was some 5'8" white kid from backwoods Georgia... well, okay, that may be a stretch but this kid is still 6'10".

If you get him, you get Dikembe by proxy and you know he'll probably give some O/D pointers for post play. There as no better post defender/rim defender in the NBA during his career and he played during a time with NBA legends all over the place in Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, etc.

Last edited:
I think his father might be Ilo Mutombo. He is Dikembe's brother... Ilo played for USI and was a monster. He still holds rebounding records there. He started playing the year before he showed up at USI I think. He would have been an nba player if he started earlier. Ilo also had a short lived acting career.... playing roles as a huge african man. Lol. Looked alot like his brother.

Several of Dikembe's nephews have played Div I MBB... two at Western Carolina, one at Fla State

Can't teach kids to be 6'10" and if he's a 1/3 the player his uncle was, get him signed

Had this passed to me today from my buddy Jason Setliff:

"He has relatives that are lifelong Hautians. His great aunt has been a librarian at the ISU library for years, and his late great uncle, Francois Muyumba, was the head of African American Studies."

Very cool. So it looks like he'd have some family here if he decided to come play at State. That said, his dream school is UNC from videos and articles I read.

Last edited:

Had this passed to me today from my buddy Jason Setliff:

"He has relatives that are lifelong Hautians. His great aunt has been a librarian at the ISU library for years, and his late great uncle, Francois Muyumba, was the head of African American Studies."

Very cool. So it looks like he'd have some family here if he decided to come play at State. That said, his dream school is UNC from videos and articles I read.

Very few people in the Terre Haute area know more about basketball than Setliff. Very, very knowledgeable dude.

I'm pretty sure the late Mike Saylor brought Dikembe Mutombo to Terre Haute for a recruiting visit back in the day when he was an assistant coach at State. Just another tidbit of info.

I'm pretty sure the late Mike Saylor brought Dikembe Mutombo to Terre Haute for a recruiting visit back in the day when he was an assistant coach at State. Just another tidbit of info.

Makes sense if he was given the info from his family as well as how much Mike was into international basketball.

Setliff and I used to play basketball at Brittlebank Park religiously and the pickup games out there would routinely involve Saylor, former players like Rob Vickers and others like the Shouse family. Great times and games.

Back