[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 IN PF Trey Kaufman (Purdue)

meistro

The Newsom Level
Supporter
I hear Purdue and IU fans are talking smack about where he's going. I know it's a long shot, but wouldn't that be hilarious if he came here? Those fans would melt down.

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Yep, pretty much every recruiting site is calling him for IU. Most of the recruiting forums I read today believe it is an Indiana vs Purdue battle. I just don't understand the allure of being a just another guy in one of those programs.

The good news is our recruiting is essentially on hold pending his decision so if he does pick another program, we can then kick it into high gear for that last opening.
More rumors it'll be West Lafayette... not slamming the kid but picking one of those programs is easy -- he won't have to be The Man, no weight on his shoulders

Hope it's us but won't be shocked if we're the runner-up AND miss congeniality...

chaddog

The Blue Level
Supporter
Looks like it's going to be Purdue. All the so-called experts are on that bandwagon, even the IU writers.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
I don't care which school he chooses - we've beat both IU and PU in the last several years so he can go play where he wants to go play - wish him the best. Glad he gave us some consideration - didn't expect he'd come here in the first place.

If I was him - I'd have had a hard time walking away from an additional year of eligibility with Key - plus another yr of experience for Tre and Jake. I'd put those 3 up against anything that IU or PU wants to throw at us - if I am him I add myself to that starting 5 and we're not just going to the tournament - we're making a deep run. It's as simple as that...

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
I don't care which school he chooses - we've beat both IU and PU in the last several years so he can go play where he wants to go play - wish him the best. Glad he gave us some consideration - didn't expect he'd come here in the first place.

If I was him - I'd have had a hard time walking away from an additional year of eligibility with Key - plus another yr of experience for Tre and Jake. I'd put those 3 up against anything that IU or PU wants to throw at us - if I am him I add myself to that starting 5 and we're not just going to the tournament - we're making a deep run. It's as simple as that...
Side convo, but If Kaufman did come or we decided to fill the last opening, we'd have to cut someone to keep Key.

Who do you vote off the island?

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
If he does end up in west lafayette, there's a greater chance will face him on the court than he opted for gloomington. After that ass-beating in 2017, i'll be shocked if lil' archie miller has the stones to schedule a lansing team. painter has the stones, he's been willing to schedule ISU

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
If we actually play this year, A senior still has the option to come back next year?
Yes. See the thread I started on this. Article is linked in there.

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter
He'll be announcing his decision on WJHI radio at 6pm, here's the link to listen...

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter
I'm listening on the radio...the radio feed is ahead of the YouTube feed.

He's being interviewed, talkin' basketball before the announcement.

jben

The White Level
Damn the bad luck....but at least it isn't IU....plus we may get to play against Purdue.....because we know IU will not play the Sycamores after the last ass whippin' they put on them. Sorry for the stream of consciousness.