[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 NE SF Saint Thomas (Loyola)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Small Forward
Omaha (NE) Millard North
AAU: OSA Adidas

Ht: 6'6" | Wt: 200 lbs

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Kid is listed as a three star prospect on Rivals and 247 Sports. Has quite the sold mid-major offer list with quite a few other Valley teams in the mix. Hopefully he will visit and see his route to playing time is likely immediate if he wants to play early.

Seems when he did not sign in the early period, many of his initial offers went to other players, and those portals closed. A much different set of schools listed now.

Based on what I have now read, it will still be a struggle to get him. He did seem to like his relationship with the Bradley coaching staff but has not been able to visit Peoria. This is one case where COVID-19 shutting down on-campus visits has given ISU a shot at a player who does not want to make a commitment without a first-hand look at the campus. He is on a powerful team for sure. Several players with good offer lists. I would not be opposed to offering one or more of his teammates based on what I have just read. Maybe they would be inclined to build a career together. Tyler Sandoval, a 6'8" forward, is not as highly ranked but if his play matches his description as a skilled, rugged inside player might be a nice addition to the ISU roster.

Seems when he did not sign in the early period, many of his initial offers went to other players, and those portals closed. A much different set of schools listed now.

Based on what I have now read, it will still be a struggle to get him. He did seem to like his relationship with the Bradley coaching staff but has not been able to visit Peoria. This is one case where COVID-19 shutting down on-campus visits has given ISU a shot at a player who does not want to make a commitment without a first-hand look at the campus. He is on a powerful team for sure. Several players with good offer lists. I would not be opposed to offering one or more of his teammates based on what I have just read. Maybe they would be inclined to build a career together. Tyler Sandoval, a 6'8" forward, is not as highly ranked but if his play matches his description as a skilled, rugged inside player might be a nice addition to the ISU roster.
He also played on a loaded AAU team alongside Hunter Sallis and Tucker DeVries. He's #1 in this vid, Sallis is #5 and DeVries is #12.

Lansing was really hot on this kid so will be interesting to see how he pans out.

Also interesting to see coaches “move up” and who they recruit. Loyola had been active with him, but Porter didn’t offer with OU.

Same with Coach JS. In the past he has been at AAU tournaments knowing there are limitations to getting kids to go D2. Now his evaluations have to go to a different level.

Back