'22 IL PF Robbie Avila (10/23/2021)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
So now we're just going to wear masks around for everything? Give it a break dude. Unless you live in some kook dark blue city somewhere, most people in America at this point don't care what your vaccination status is or if you're wearing a mask. 70% of adults are fully vaccinated and 80% are partially. I'm sure a large percentage of the remaining 20% have natural immunity. We've tried this experiment for nearly two years now and the only two things we've really done successfully are wreck the economy and cause massive inflation.

If the vaccine reduces your hospitalization rate massively, then by all means take the thing, and if you think you still need to be careful and wear a mask, then wear your mask. One of my friends who is the same age as myself is fully vaccinated and just tested positive yesterday, so clearly the vaccine doesn't do **** when it comes to stopping the spread.

COVID is here to stay for years to come, like it or not. The thing will keep mutating and it doesn't matter if you take 3 shots or 10 shots it's still going to be around. The good thing is, we now have have several options available for folks. Some options will work for some, while others may work for others. We're to the point now where it comes down to doing your own research, talking to your doctor, and making personal decisions for yourself. Asking well over 99.5% of the country to "lower their expectations" is just simply unacceptable.

Sorry for the rant, but it's like some people don't want to open their eyes or listen to reason. But yeah I'm selfish or whatever for wishing to be able to live a normal life.
 

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
I went to Europe w/ Clouse during a Summer European Study-Abroad Tour in '73. Also had a couple history classes w/ him (Medieval Europe/Reformation Era). Dr. Clouse wore a mask following his 80's HEART TRANSPLANT until his death in '16.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Clouse_(professor)

 

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
I've been around dozens of active TB patients; early stages, they wore masks everywhere

if you had any class at Ind State with Dr. Robert Clouse, you know HE wore a mask everywhere outside...

but you do you
I said “Right”. That’s all I said… I didn’t debate you. I didn’t go in on you. I simply said Right. Which could mean a number of things.

I started it - I knew better on this forum. Back to the thread at hand a recruit. Welcome to Indiana State. Enough with what I started my bad.
 

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I said “Right”. That’s all I said… I didn’t debate you. I didn’t go in on you. I simply said Right. Which could mean a number of things.

I started it - I knew better on this forum. Back to the thread at hand a recruit. Welcome to Indiana State. Enough with what I started my bad.

Ellipsis speak volumes
 

jben

The Sycamore Level
I've been around dozens of active TB patients; early stages, they wore masks everywhere

if you had any class at Ind State with Dr. Robert Clouse, you know HE wore a mask everywhere outside...

but you do you
4Q-iu,
I am proud to say I had several classes with Dr. Clouse. When he passed I was lucky enough to obtain one of
his childhood books. A great educator and person.....and yes he wore a mask.
 

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Stoked to hear he is tearing it up. He was on such a loaded AAU team so it was difficult for him to get touches. Keep working on the game, big fella.
 
Top