[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '22 MI SF Jack Karasinski (William & Mary)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
If he's taking his talents to the CAA then he probably wasn't good enough to play here anyways. That's definitely a step down from MVC basketball.

If he's taking his talents to the CAA then he probably wasn't good enough to play here anyways. That's definitely a step down from MVC basketball.

What do your use as your source?

per RealTimeRPI, the Valley was #13 in the nation, CAA was #14...

WarrenNolan.com (?) had the valley at #11 and the CAA at #19

Jeff Sagarin had the MVC at # 11 and the Colonial at #17 - only a 4-pt spread

Biggest issue w/ Will-Mary is there lack of any MBB success over the years; they're one of the few "original D-1 programs" who's yet to make the Big Dance

but it's an excellent school, he'll on be limited to MBB team success, not in any degree program

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
What do your use as your source?

per RealTimeRPI, the Valley was #13 in the nation, CAA was #14...

WarrenNolan.com (?) had the valley at #11 and the CAA at #19

Jeff Sagarin had the MVC at # 11 and the Colonial at #17 - only a 4-pt spread

Biggest issue w/ Will-Mary is there lack of any MBB success over the years; they're one of the few "original D-1 programs" who's yet to make the Big Dance

but it's an excellent school, he'll on be limited to MBB team success, not in any degree program
In every single example you just gave the MVC is ranked higher than the CAA so it's definitely a step down. The MVC is right at the upper third in two out of three of those examples, while the CAA is in the bottom half in two of those three examples. The MVC was a 2 bid league with one team advancing to the Sweet 16. Loyola beat Illinois (and never trailed) just two days after the lone CAA rep (Drexel) lost to the same Illini team by 29.

I can't disagree with W&M being better academically than ISU. Last I heard Dr Curtis removed SAT scores for enrollment, and has been doing her best to turn ISU into a 4 year community college. A 37% acceptance rate vs a 90% acceptance rate tells the story.

RPIs are RPIs -- they ebb and flow, i don't spend a lot of time worrying about them - just curious what YOUR (preferred) source was on the issue

W/M and ISU are two completely different schools, vastly different missions for each state

i've been on both campuses; while both are nice, you can't compare them

Back