[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '23 GA PF Spencer Elliott (Tulane)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

bluestreak

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
JS goes after the kids he thinks will work in his system and doesn't care if they are Div2, JuCo of a highly rated HS prospect.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Kid knows how to navigate in traffic and thrives off of CONTACT. A rare find in this day of "3-pt Line Camping."

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
We are talking to some pretty talented guys. With all of the openings we have it could get interesting.
I have grand visions about our recruiting profile increasing over time. I know we'll never compete with the elite P5 schools. But man do I relish the day where we DOMINATE the recruiting landscape for schools at our "level." Couple that with the system we have, knowledge to teach and develop like I think we have....man we can be something. I really believe it.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter
I have grand visions about our recruiting profile increasing over time. I know we'll never compete with the elite P5 schools. But man do I relish the day where we DOMINATE the recruiting landscape for schools at our "level." Couple that with the system we have, knowledge to teach and develop like I think we have....man we can be something. I really believe it.
I'm not sold on our coach until I see better defense and rebounding.
Contrast that with Woodson at IU. There were many games in which IU's defense was smothering.

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
I'm not sold on our coach until I see better defense and rebounding.
Contrast that with Woodson at IU. There were many games in which IU's defense was smothering.
I totally get it, not trying to convince you at all. Just sharing my dreams, which could very well turn into nightmares lol. And man are you right about Woodson. So interesting how he supposedly wouldn't do well there seeing he's never coached college (dumbest argument in the world for a dude with that much NBA experience.)

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
A little early to say Woodson has done well. They were an avg team that ran everything through TJD and still had many games where they struggled to score. Now he is gone so we will see where that program goes.

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
A little early to say Woodson has done well. They were an avg team that ran everything through TJD and still had many games where they struggled to score. Now he is gone so we will see where that program goes.
Well making the tournament for the first time since 2016 in year 1 is a good start. I know it should be a given for IU to make the big dance but the fact is that is hasn't been. Mike got it done with what he inherited and parts. So in my opinion he did well in the 1 year that we have to judge him on.

Moving ahead he (and staff) is bringing in some nice talent. And he has alot of dudes coming back. Johnson, Kopp, Geronimo, Thompson, Galloway, Bates all coming back instead of hitting the portal.

Lastly, where did you see that TJD is gone? He is listed on the 22-23 IU roster and all reports are that he is still weighing his options. He may come back. He probably should come back since based on his size and current skill set he projects as a terrible NBA player. Terrible.

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
Well making the tournament for the first time since 2016 in year 1 is a good start. I know it should be a given for IU to make the big dance but the fact is that is hasn't been. Mike got it done with what he inherited and parts. So in my opinion he did well in the 1 year that we have to judge him on.

Moving ahead he (and staff) is bringing in some nice talent. And he has alot of dudes coming back. Johnson, Kopp, Geronimo, Thompson, Galloway, Bates all coming back instead of hitting the portal.

Lastly, where did you see that TJD is gone? He is listed on the 22-23 IU roster and all reports are that he is still weighing his options. He may come back. He probably should come back since based on his size and current skill set he projects as a terrible NBA player. Terrible.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Supporter
IU was #1 in the big 10 in defensive FG%. They were capable of playing some pretty good defense. They obviously benefited defensively from having TJD in the middle, but they did ok with some average talent. Two of their starters were really quite average offensively. I thought Johnson improved 100% in one year and I'm sure Woodson deserves some credit for that. Although, one of his assistants may have been responsible.