[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '23 IL SF Macaleab Rich (Kansas State)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

Seems like a lot of schools kicking the tires but very few actually offering.

I know the game is moving to position-less basketball, but I am not sure where this young man fits in for a college program.

A little bit undersized to be a banging 4, also not sure he has the quickness for the outside. He might, just hard to tell in the videos. Doesn’t seem to have the outside shot to play the 3 spot. No clips of him shooting anything outside of about 6 feet. Also no real clips of him handling the ball or passing.

Strong kid who looks like he would be a plus offensive rebounder, just not sure how well he can guard the 4 spot inside due to height or outside due to quickness.

Guess I will just have to trust the staff and see if they offer him.

He has put together a nice offer list mostly of MVC/MAC/OVC teams. Kid would probably perform very well at a NFL combine some day, just physically strong and built.

Interesting, that first video shows A LOT of highlights from our guy Rob Martin in it. Wonder if RM is in his ear?

Honestly not sure what took us so long to offer this kid. I pointed him out to Jason and he made a profile for him back in February. This kid is stupid athletic and seems to let the game come to him. Always seems to be in the right place for rebounds and finishes strong. I hope like hell we can get him!

A little bit undersized to be a banging 4, also not sure he has the quickness for the outside. He might, just hard to tell in the videos. Doesn’t seem to have the outside shot to play the 3 spot. No clips of him shooting anything outside of about 6 feet. Also no real clips of him handling the ball or passing.

Strong kid who looks like he would be a plus offensive rebounder, just not sure how well he can guard the 4 spot inside due to height or outside due to quickness.
Carl Richard, but with our current talent, would not start 4 years.
Matt Renn. We've had a lot of undersized 4's. Will probably play some at times this year.

Last edited:

Back