3rd scrimmage

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
I attended tonights scrimmage and here are my thoughts:

1. I believe that Schmidtke will be the QB this season. Dowdell did not play tonight.(looked hurt, rode bike for a lot of tonight) Schmidtke looked good, Seliger and Johnson o.k.

2. The defense played well in the beginning. Roberts made a really athletic play for a pick 6 early on. I spent a lot of tonight watching the OL and DL. Our OL was o.k. at times but I thought the DL did well. I was really impressed with FR Nate Williams and Lawrence Young. Millington looked good as well.

3. It doesn't look good for Archie as he walked very gingerly on the sideline. I thought that Stepp, Cook and Everett did a nice job at LB. Easterly played well at corner.

4. On Offense, Reece Craig was impressive tonight. That kid is going to be a player. Gates and Brown were very good as well. Other than Ryan Patrick, the WR weren't outstanding. The TE's were effective though. The Joneses and Butler were pretty solid.

5. The kicking game is HORRIBLE. We didn't make a kick all night. 0-3 I believe.

Some of the struggles for the O and D could be attributed to going against the same formations, D schemes every day. You almost know whats coming.

I am really excited about this season and especially the next 2-3 years. I believe we have something like 60 FR and SO on this team.

I am interested to hear the opinion of others who were there. I was chasing a 3 year-old all night and didn't get to watch every second.

Last edited:

goindystate

The All-MVC Level
True Blue, there weren't any injuries suffered by more ISU players tonight were there? I hope not, they can ill afford to lose any more good players. It's tough to hear Archie may be out a while. Being from Michigan I bet he really wanted to play in that opener.

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
Kraemer and I believe it was Kevin Wilson got shaken up. However, both looked fine. Kraemer looked like he got the wind knocked out of him. Wilson was in pain but I think he came back in. Other than that, I didn't really see anything.

Another bright spot was the crowd. It wasnt bad for an ISU scrimmage. Hopefully in the next few years we can fill the place for a scrimmage.

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
The offensive numbers were better in the paper than I expected. A lot of those rushing yards must of been in the second half when we were deep in the depth chart.

113TTN03

The White Level
I to finally got the chance to get down to Terre Haute and finally check out the Trent miles movement here a few things i noticed both good and bad.

1. From an overall size and athleticism standpoint i thought the team looked really good the O and D line was power packed full of potential and the defensive backfield looked good as well.

2. I don?t understand while no one has mentioned Darius Gates to me he and ryan patrick are hands down the best two players on the field.

3. I wasn?t extremely impressed with the new quarterback outside the fact that he is more athletic than I thought he was but besides that he didn't show me a lot

4. My most impressive frosh award for the game I saw goes to Larry Carter 18 out of Ohio he seemed to be a very aggressive DB

5. Overall I believe the sycamores will have a decent season i think we are taking steps in the right direction but i think they will get a rude awakening when they step into the Valley trust me the valley is not a place you want to be if you are undersized with no experience honestly i believe Eastern Michigan will be one of the weakest teams on their schedule EMU would have to pull of some upsets to finish in the top 6 or 7 in the valley i am just speaking from experience

6. Also Archie #13 blew out his knee according to team affiliates he will not be back until next year

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
I to finally got the chance to get down to Terre Haute and finally check out the Trent miles movement here a few things i noticed both good and bad.

1. From an overall size and athleticism standpoint i thought the team looked really good the O and D line was power packed full of potential and the defensive backfield looked good as well.

2. I don?t understand while no one has mentioned Darius Gates to me he and ryan patrick are hands down the best two players on the field.

3. I wasn?t extremely impressed with the new quarterback outside the fact that he is more athletic than I thought he was but besides that he didn't show me a lot

4. My most impressive frosh award for the game I saw goes to Larry Carter 18 out of Ohio he seemed to be a very aggressive DB

5. Overall I believe the sycamores will have a decent season i think we are taking steps in the right direction but i think they will get a rude awakening when they step into the Valley trust me the valley is not a place you want to be if you are undersized with no experience honestly i believe Eastern Michigan will be one of the weakest teams on their schedule EMU would have to pull of some upsets to finish in the top 6 or 7 in the valley i am just speaking from experience

6. Also Archie #13 blew out his knee according to team affiliates he will not be back until next year
I don't think anybody expects wins this season. We just want to see competition. 31-28 losses would be almost as good as a win given the last few seasons.

Could you imagine losing 31-28 to the likes of NI or the Dakotas? Hell if we lose our games by that margin and go 3-9 we could still be ranked! That is how strong the Valley is.

SydCamore

The Captain Level
The kicking does not look good. I would actually say that Kicker is our weakest position.

TLS, remember SEMO last year? We missed two 30-yard field goals and lost by 3. We were better than SEMO last year. We've got them here this year.

I believe that Baurilo Martinez will be the Kicker.