Anonymous donor gives $1 million in honor of late ISU President Dr. John W. Moore

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
What a wonderful scholarship to honor the legacy of such a great man! That's fantastic! Will be interested to hear the criteria for getting funds.

What a wonderful scholarship to honor the legacy of such a great man! That's fantastic! Will be interested to hear the criteria for getting funds.

The criteria for the students?

Curtis' "Bridge the Gap" scholarship plan is for those kids who effectively need a "micro" scholie/grant to cover gaps in other types of aid...

so, if a kids needs ~$2,500 to cover the balance on a room/board bill - this scholarship would cover it -- I'm not sure of any specific GPA requirement, it's agnostic to course of study

The criteria for the students?

Curtis' "Bridge the Gap" scholarship plan is for those kids who effectively need a "micro" scholie/grant to cover gaps in other types of aid...

so, if a kids needs ~$2,500 to cover the balance on a room/board bill - this scholarship would cover it -- I'm not sure of any specific GPA requirement, it's agnostic to course of study
Is there a GPA requirement? Does the student have to have declared a major? Is it only for those in their first 4 years of their degree program, or can a 5th/6th year undergrad get it (after they have probably "run out" of other aid? Is it only for undergrads? Does a student have to have filed a FAFSA? If so, do they have to take advantage of all types of aid available to them including subsidized/unsubsidized loans before getting the scholly? What is the max amount for the scholly?

Answers to questions like these above are what I'm interested to hear regarding this scholarship.

Is there a GPA requirement? Does the student have to have declared a major? Is it only for those in their first 4 years of their degree program, or can a 5th/6th year undergrad get it (after they have probably "run out" of other aid? Is it only for undergrads? Does a student have to have filed a FAFSA? If so, do they have to take advantage of all types of aid available to them including subsidized/unsubsidized loans before getting the scholly? What is the max amount for the scholly?

Answers to questions like these above are what I'm interested to hear regarding this scholarship.

The google-A-tor sez...

https://indstate.academicworks.com/opportunities/100721

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
The google-A-tor sez...
Thanks for sending that, answers several of my questions. I've seen times where we've done this before, without the Mil, and on a basically word of mouth situation. Glad that we will now have another publicized, systematic, way to help folks stay in school.

I do wonder if they'll amend the rising soph part and include stu's who can't pay their first semester bill. So many don't make it to their 2nd semester, and thus can't be rising soph's, b/c of money.

Back