Any Chicago Bears fans??

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
I so how about that Rex Grossman...lol...sorry, my wife is a loyal Chicago fan and everytime I say that to her she gives me he death look....lol

Little Eddie

The All-MVC Level
Bear fan here...just like the current head coach of the men's basketball team at Indy St. Not sure how he feels but I don't think it's Grossman that lost the game yesterday. Pretty sure it was a team effort. If Muhammad or Berrian...whoever it was that dropped that pass that was perfectly thrown that would likely have led to a touchdown, catches that ball it's a different game momentum-wise. Then there's Hester...he was bound to have a bad game eventually and he picked a nationally televised game that they pretty much needed to win to have a really stinker of a game. Now they're 2 games back on GB and will be playing w/out confidence...also w/out Briggs it seems (unless he's ok.)

Anyway, Cubs are still playing and it actually means something...so not too worried about the Bears right now.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
I, too, am a Bears fan having been born in Chicago -- Cook County Hospital represent. Anyhow, I think I'm not as kind as Little Eddie as it's time to move on from Grossman. While he has had some receivers drop passes, his decision making skills are subpar compared to other quarterbacks and he has lost what edge he seemed to have last year.

I don't believe you'll see him brought back next year and the answer at QB is not currently on the roster. I think you need to bring in a veteran free agent or make a trade and then go out and get one of the Big 5 quarterbacks that will be available in the draft this year.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Well, Grossman has been benched per Lovie today. I think we may very well have seen the last of him unless Griese and Orton are just flat out terrible -- which isn't that big of a stretch.