Around the MVFC - Spring 2021

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I watched most of the first half of the SIU @ UND game. UND leads 16-14 at the half, but SIU fumbled the ball three times and two of them led to UND TD's. One was a scoop and score, while the other one gave UND the ball in the red zone.

SIU's starting QB got hurt towards the end of the half and their backup led them right down the field to get them within 2. If SIU quits fumbling they should win.

I watched most of the first half of the SIU @ UND game. UND leads 16-14 at the half, but SIU fumbled the ball three times and two of them led to UND TD's. One was a scoop and score, while the other one gave UND the ball in the red zone.

SIU's starting QB got hurt towards the end of the half and their backup led them right down the field to get them within 2. If SIU quits fumbling they should win.
North Dakota is now up 37-14 at the end of the 3rd Q and is well on their way to victory.

Looks like YSU plays at NDSU today at 3:30.

There's also an OVC game between Austin Peay and TN Tech at 2:30.

NDSU 25 YSU 7. NDSU converted on a 2 point conversion in the first quarter. Their new coach is still classless in my view.

TTU upset APSU 27-21.

Imagine being FBS and losing 43-17 to an FCS program playing in only their second football game as a D1 program. That's what happened tonight to New Mexico State against Tarleton State.

All kinds of interesting scores today. This should be a fun season to follow, even if we are skipping out on it like a bunch of wusses.

SIU 38 #1 NDSU 14 is clearly the most noteworthy. It's even posted on the homepage of ESPN.

#14 North Dakota beat #3 SDSU 28-17 which is another surprise.

South Dakota, who wasn't even receiving any votes in the top 25 poll, upset #7 Illinois State 27-20 in Normal.

#5 UNI 21 YSU 0

MSU 30 WIU 24

With all the ping pong ISU is playing it just won’t be fair come Fall. The Sycamores are going to curb stomp these guys😂.

I wonder if our preparation will be behind the other schools in our conference for not playing in the spring when the fall season starts?? I was looking at all the FCS schools who did not play, who are in our region, thinking maybe have a couple of controlled scrimmages during spring practice. However, there are none, other than Eastern Kentucky who played 9 games in the fall. Since Quincy and the University of Indianapolis are only playing 4 games, maybe they could be a possible choice??

Getting back to the scholarship question I posted recently, so the Seniors in our conference, who play this spring, will be playing again in the fall season??

It is my understanding that this year will not cost any athlete a year of eligibility. I am not sure how it affects the number of scholarship athletes that a particular sport can have on their roster. If this years seniors at ISU all wanted to come back and play next year, which they all could do, the scholarships that they are on would still have to be paid for by the athletic department. That is would be a large chunk of money.

Reactions: #33
Saturday's games look like fun ones.

#2 UND @ #4 NDSU
#6 SDSU @ #5 SIU
MSU @ #10 UNI
USD @ YSU
WIU @ ILST

I'd love to see UND beat the Bisons and go on to win the MVFC this year.

Illinois State opts out if the rest of the 2021 Spring Season. They gave the same excuse we gave.

Translation: We [ILST] suck and we finally got our first win in 4 tries. We know we won't make the playoffs so we're quitting early.

I wonder if a couple of the other MVFC schools will come to the same conclusion.

If Missouri State wins today over Youngstown State they will clinch a share of the MVFC crown which is pretty wild. It's their final game and the championship results are based off of # of losses rather than wins due to COVID cancellations and drop outs (ILS and WIU).

so my question is do you think playing spring ball would of been worth it. Honestly I haven't heard a SINGLE thing about MVFC/FCS/Spring football other than a periodic post on sycamorepride. We didn't play; Illinois State and Western just quit in the middle of the season (that's an entire different subject but I HHHAAATTTEEE this culture that we are creating. I mean I've never heard of a any team at any level just being able to choose not to play game. I can't wrap my head around it) so how much value does MSUs "conference championship" carry? I don't know, I'm glad we didn't play. Just seems very small time too me.

Back