Around The Valley-2020/2021 Edition

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
If there's a season I think we will finish around 5th. Here's my picks as of today.

1 Loyola
2 UNI
3 Bradley
4 S Illinois
5 ISU
6 Missouri St
7 Drake
8 Valpo
9 Illinois St
10 Evansville

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Lindy's Sports Annuals' picked us 4th...

1 Northern Iowa
2 Loyola
3 Bradley
4 Indiana State
5 Drake
6 Missouri St
7 Valpo
8 So. Illinois
9 Illinois St
10 Evansville

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
Everyone has SIU low, but I just don't see it. I know they lost Benson (the center) and a couple others, but Domask and Jones (the freshmen guards) were their best players by far. Their guards should all be pretty strong and as long as they they found a decent big guy they should be fine. Then again I don't think the schools outside of everyone's top 3 (LUC, UNI, and BU) are going to be overly strong this upcoming season.

Gotta Hav

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Everyone has SIU low, but I just don't see it. I know they lost Benson (the center) and a couple others, but Domask and Jones (the freshmen guards) were their best players by far. Their guards should all be pretty strong and as long as they they found a decent big guy they should be fine. Then again I don't think the schools outside of everyone's top 3 (LUC, UNI, and BU) are going to be overly strong this upcoming season.
I don't have SIU in the bottom either.

1 Loyola - I only have Loyola here because of their willingness to play a tad more physical and dirty than Northern Iowa
2 Northern Iowa
3 Bradley - the only thing keeping them out of 1 or 2, can they close out all of their big games at HOME?
4 Southern Illinois
5 Indiana State - I'd have us in 4th and SIU 5th, but our abysmal record and bad luck with SIU speaks for itself
6 Missouri State - Ford can't deliver the goods, regardless of great he looks in a suit and tie.
7 Drake - the loss of Robbins to Minnesota was a killer
8 Valparaiso
9 Illinois State
10 Evansville - rebuilding until the 22nd Century arrives about 80+ years from now

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Didn't SIU basically flip their entire team but Domask and Jones? Also, they only combined for like 20ppg so I can see the cause for concern.

BrokerZ

The JSW Level
Supporter
Didn't SIU basically flip their entire team but Domask and Jones? Also, they only combined for like 20ppg so I can see the cause for concern.
They also didn’t really replace Benson (from what I understand, at least), so I would definitely expect them to take a step back.

We should be fighting with Bradley for 3rd.

Gotta Hav

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Looks like I'm not the only person that has SIU finishing in top half...even the league is predicting that.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Looks like I'm not the only person that has SIU finishing in top half...even the league is predicting that.

May be more of an indictment of how down the league appears to be. I'll be interested to see who steps up. Even with Domask averaging 25, they need at least four more guys at 10ppg to hit their scoring average from last year. We're going to find out just how good the Mullins Bros are this year.