Around The Valley-2020/2021 Edition

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
If there's a season I think we will finish around 5th. Here's my picks as of today.

1 Loyola
2 UNI
3 Bradley
4 S Illinois
5 ISU
6 Missouri St
7 Drake
8 Valpo
9 Illinois St
10 Evansville

Lindy's Sports Annuals' picked us 4th...

1 Northern Iowa
2 Loyola
3 Bradley
4 Indiana State
5 Drake
6 Missouri St
7 Valpo
8 So. Illinois
9 Illinois St
10 Evansville

Everyone has SIU low, but I just don't see it. I know they lost Benson (the center) and a couple others, but Domask and Jones (the freshmen guards) were their best players by far. Their guards should all be pretty strong and as long as they they found a decent big guy they should be fine. Then again I don't think the schools outside of everyone's top 3 (LUC, UNI, and BU) are going to be overly strong this upcoming season.

Everyone has SIU low, but I just don't see it. I know they lost Benson (the center) and a couple others, but Domask and Jones (the freshmen guards) were their best players by far. Their guards should all be pretty strong and as long as they they found a decent big guy they should be fine. Then again I don't think the schools outside of everyone's top 3 (LUC, UNI, and BU) are going to be overly strong this upcoming season.

I don't have SIU in the bottom either.

1 Loyola - I only have Loyola here because of their willingness to play a tad more physical and dirty than Northern Iowa
2 Northern Iowa
3 Bradley - the only thing keeping them out of 1 or 2, can they close out all of their big games at HOME?
4 Southern Illinois
5 Indiana State - I'd have us in 4th and SIU 5th, but our abysmal record and bad luck with SIU speaks for itself
6 Missouri State - Ford can't deliver the goods, regardless of great he looks in a suit and tie.
7 Drake - the loss of Robbins to Minnesota was a killer
8 Valparaiso
9 Illinois State
10 Evansville - rebuilding until the 22nd Century arrives about 80+ years from now

Didn't SIU basically flip their entire team but Domask and Jones? Also, they only combined for like 20ppg so I can see the cause for concern.

Didn't SIU basically flip their entire team but Domask and Jones? Also, they only combined for like 20ppg so I can see the cause for concern.

They also didn’t really replace Benson (from what I understand, at least), so I would definitely expect them to take a step back.

We should be fighting with Bradley for 3rd.

Looks like I'm not the only person that has SIU finishing in top half...even the league is predicting that.

Looks like I'm not the only person that has SIU finishing in top half...even the league is predicting that.

May be more of an indictment of how down the league appears to be. I'll be interested to see who steps up. Even with Domask averaging 25, they need at least four more guys at 10ppg to hit their scoring average from last year. We're going to find out just how good the Mullins Bros are this year.

Sam Cunliffe has opted out of playing for Evansville this year. Oh man, is that team going to struggle this year. Even though I thought Cunfliffe was a head case and probably not good for the culture of the team, the dude has talent.

Evansville has really fallen hard.

Does anyone know what the Civil and Criminal line is for defaulting on a loan? I mean people hundreds of people are defaulting on loans on a daily basis, and Warrants aren't issued for their ARREST. There has to be more to that story than what is being told, right?

Does anyone know what the Civil and Criminal line is for defaulting on a loan? I mean people hundreds of people are defaulting on loans on a daily basis, and Warrants aren't issued for their ARREST. There has to be more to that story than what is being told, right?

In Indiana, if the Plaintiff (bank) shows the Judge they have served you with a lawsuit for not paying the loan back, and you don't answer the claim or otherwise appear, you get a judgment against you. The next step is the Plaintiff will then want to examine you in open court and under oath related to what assets you have that they could possibly seize or attach. This is called a Proceedings Supplemental. If you get served for that Proceedings Supplemental, and you fail to appear for that hearing, you can get a body attachment (aka warrant) issued to have the Sheriff bring you to Court. We do not have debtor's prisons here, but you can be held in the jail until the judge is ready to see you (needs to be fast). You have the right to bail and the bail that is posted often will be a cash bail (no bondsman) and go toward the judgment if it is posted. So you don't go to jail for not paying the loan, you go to jail for ignoring a Judge's order that you appear.

Every Judge is different in so far as how quick they will issue the body attachment or whether they will do one at all.

In Indiana, if the Plaintiff (bank) shows the Judge they have served you with a lawsuit for not paying the loan back, and you don't answer the claim or otherwise appear, you get a judgment against you. The next step is the Plaintiff will then want to examine you in open court and under oath related to what assets you have that they could possibly seize or attach. This is called a Proceedings Supplemental. If you get served for that Proceedings Supplemental, and you fail to appear for that hearing, you can get a body attachment (aka warrant) issued to have the Sheriff bring you to Court. We do not have debtor's prisons here, but you can be held in the jail until the judge is ready to see you (needs to be fast). You have the right to bail and the bail that is posted often will be a cash bail (no bondsman) and go toward the judgment if it is posted. So you don't go to jail for not paying the loan, you go to jail for ignoring a Judge's order that you appear.

Every Judge is different in so far as how quick they will issue the body attachment or whether they will do one at all.

Thanks Hooper!!!

Got to think you've got a bunch of old cats in Evansville that bought in, gave McCarthy the white glove treatment and feel burned once he skipped town. So this one may be more of a personal fuck you back to ole Walt.

Got to think you've got a bunch of old cats in Evansville that bought in, gave McCarthy the white glove treatment and feel burned once he skipped town. So this one may be more of a personal fuck you back to ole Walt.

Well McCarty has finally hired an attorney on the "warrant" case. Now that the attorney has appeared in the case anyone looking forward to seeing Walter in prison garb will be disappointed. The warrant will be recalled and a zoom hearing will probably be scheduled for the bank to ask McCarty about his assets via video chat with him in Boston. And it may settle even before then.

Well McCarty has finally hired an attorney on the "warrant" case. Now that the attorney has appeared in the case anyone looking forward to seeing Walter in prison garb will be disappointed. The warrant will be recalled and a zoom hearing will probably be scheduled for the bank to ask McCarty about his assets via video chat with him in Boston. And it may settle even before then.
So much ado about nothing.

Back