Around The Valley-2020/2021 Edition

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Southern Illinois all over Butler. 51-33 in the second half. Butler with some of the worst team defense I’ve ever seen. Just dreadful. Love to watch the bulldogs get taken to the woodshed.

SIU beats Butler at Butler 76 - 73. And Domask, played all 40 minutes. When was the last time a Sycamore MBB player did that? We know its never happened under the TEN YEARS of Lansing. Our starters hardly break a sweat and he's yanking a someone out, 3 minutes into the game.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
SIU beats Butler at Butler 76 - 73. And Domask, played all 40 minutes. When was the last time a Sycamore MBB player did that? We know its never happened under the TEN YEARS of Lansing. Our starters hardly break a sweat and he's yanking a someone out, 3 minutes into the game.
Jake Laravia played 39 against Purdue and Key played 36 that game. I believe Jordan Barnes played 40 a couple times last year.

Jake Laravia played 39 against Purdue and Key played 36 that game. I believe Jordan Barnes played 40 a couple times last year.

Jake's 39 against Purdon't is still not 40. Just kidding, but through the years, it's still an anomaly for our best players to play that much. The only reason Jake was in there that much was to try and stop the inside scoring onslaught because he had to play the 5, because Tre was in foul trouble....and he couldn't do much other than let Purdue score, score and score....because if he actually tried to guard them...creating possible fouls....he wouldn't have played even 29 minutes. So out of necessity in a LOSING cause is NOT necessarily the same as playing 39 to WIN. IMO, a huge difference...but thanks for pointing that out!

Just looked at Butler's roster and I don't know any of those guys. Only one I did know was JMM and I'm pretty sure I said I didn't think he'd pan out after seeing him in AAU. Can't remember the last time they had so few Indiana kids. Curious if their fans think they turned their backs on what got them there in the first place?

I thought the same thing about JMM. Remember watching him in some of the all star games and was not impressed at all. Butler fans seem to less than impressed already.

Bradley loses at Missouri in the last second. Up 53-51 they give up a layup, foul the Missouri player and he hits the free throw with one second left. Ouch.

The clear winners on Sunday should (will) be: Drake, Southern Illinois, Loyola and Missouri State

The clear winners on Monday should (will) be: Drake, Southern Illinois, Loyola and Missouri State

If there's any deviation from that like Evansville beating Southern Illinois once or both times, then it's a hell bent race to the top and to the bottom for a lot of different teams. The same is true with the Deadbirds beating Loyola, even once, let alone both games. No need to discuss UNI and Missouri State....UNI is done for this year and possible the next 2 or 3. Then there's us, if we Drake once, then there really is a Santa Claus.

The clear winners on Sunday should (will) be: Drake, Southern Illinois, Loyola and Missouri State

The clear winners on Monday should (will) be: Drake, Southern Illinois, Loyola and Missouri State

If there's any deviation from that like Evansville beating Southern Illinois once or both times, then it's a hell bent race to the top and to the bottom for a lot of different teams. The same is true with the Deadbirds beating Loyola, even once, let alone both games. No need to discuss UNI and Missouri State....UNI is done for this year and possible the next 2 or 3. Then there's us, if we Drake once, then there really is a Santa Claus.
I’m shaking in my boots with Drake’s 9-0 record against 311th best strength of schedule.....

I’m shaking in my boots with Drake’s 9-0 record against 311th best strength of schedule.....

Are those like those Little Johnny Red Rubber Boots, or some other kind?

That may be a valid point, and we'll see, but the real numbers of concern are NOT Drakes SOS, or their 9-0 record but OUR TEAM FG shooting percentage.

As a TEAM, we're 9th in the league. Now that's the kind of numbers that should get you shaking in those lil Waist High Water Waders of yours.

.536 - Drake
.530 - Loyola
.524 - Illinois State
.511 - Missouri State
.505 - Southern Illinois
.457 - UNI
.449 - Bradley
.443 - Valpo
.418 - Indiana State
.394 - Evansville

Are those like those Little Johnny Red Rubber Boots, or some other kind?

That may be a valid point, and we'll see, but the real numbers of concern are NOT Drakes SOS, or their 9-0 record but OUR TEAM FG shooting percentage.

As a TEAM, we're 9th in the league. Now that's the kind of numbers that should get you shaking in those lil Waist High Water Waders of yours.

.536 - Drake
.530 - Loyola
.524 - Illinois State
.511 - Missouri State
.505 - Southern Illinois
.457 - UNI
.449 - Bradley
.443 - Valpo
.418 - Indiana State
.394 - Evansville
Again, who is to say our percentage wouldn’t be higher shooting against Chicago State.

Again, who is to say our percentage wouldn’t be higher shooting against Chicago State.

Does our 46.3% FG shooting against DII Truman State qualify as a Chicago State competitor? We burned Truman State on 3 pointers too, to the tune of 23.8%. So scary.

Illinois state is looking really bad. Looks like 5 guys that are all wanting to play one on one. Ugly basketball.

My prediction is that Drake, Loyola, and SIU sweep; while UNI and MSU split their series.

You keeping this prediction? I mean it's okay for you to pick Evansville to beat SIU, and for to MSU sweep UNI. Out of the games played today, the ONLY team that is capable of beating their opponent tomorrow is EVANSVILLE....cuz sure isn't UNI vs MSU.

I'm still sticking with SIU to sweep and for MSU sweep....oh...and Drake and Loyola as I originally forecasted.

You keeping this prediction? I mean it's okay for you to pick Evansville to beat SIU, and for to MSU sweep UNI. Out of the games played today, the ONLY team that is capable of beating their opponent tomorrow is EVANSVILLE....cuz sure isn't UNI vs MSU.

I'm still sticking with SIU to sweep and for MSU sweep....oh...and Drake and Loyola as I originally forecasted.

A little confused, but I picked DU, LUC, and SIU to go 2-0, while MSU and UNI go 1-1. I'll stick with my prediction. UNI was only down 3 with 10 minutes to play in the game. If they don't implode tomorrow like they did today they may win.

TODAY:

Drake at ISU @ 5:00 PM EST ESPN3

Eville at SIU @ 6:00 PM EST ESPN+

ILst at Loyola @ 7:00 PM EST CBS Sports Network

MSU at UNI @ 8:00 PM EST ESPN+

Better go watch the last 7 minutes of the Evansville vs. SIU game, cuz Evansville might beat Southern Illinois.

And just like that SIU is no longer undefeated. Evansville BEATS SIU in Carbonhell, 84 - 72.

Who saw that coming? I tell you who, NO ONE.

Samari Curtis, the 6'4" G transfer from Nebraska, is igniting that former Ohio Mr. Basketball flame. Once he gets in shape (yes, he was on the Jake Odum diet last Summer), UE will be competitive in the MVC. He sure as hell burn't a hole in the Salukis tonight. 30 pts. on 6/8 3's...and mixed a few MJ-style dunks for added flavor in hi 29 min of PT.

Evansville up on UNI at the half. UNI is a different team without Green.

Don't think UNI hit a single 3 in the first half.

Back