[August 28, 2021] Indiana State (0-0) vs Eastern Illinois (0-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
i
vs.
i

Indiana State Sycamores (0-0) vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers (0-0)

Memorial Stadium - Terre Haute, IN
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Kickoff: 6:00pm EST

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I'm hoping to be able to watch it on my phone. I'm not sure what to expect honestly since we haven't played a down of football in almost two years. My prediction is ISU by 10. EIU isn't very good, but they do have more game experience from playing in the Spring. I do think if we lose to them we are in big trouble as far as the rest of the schedule goes.

OK First off I'm extremely as guilty as anyone. Its been a weird past few months. But I am stunned and amazed -- its less than a week before our first football game in about two years and this site is basically dead. I wish I had something major to say but it seems so little is known about this team, at least to me, I don't really know what to say.
Wish someone with some more detailed info could give us a rundown on players/positions etc.
Anyone got any solid predictions ?
Any possible young guys who may become major stars for us we should be aware of ?
Etc Etc Etc

All I know is that we better have a good season. They reported that Mallory was the one that decided we shouldn't play in the 2020 / Spring 21 season. If we end up having a bad season after that move then his seat should start to get warm in my view. If we end up having a good season though, then he deserves credit after making a somewhat unpopular decision.

image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State opens up the long-awaited 2021 season this weekend as the Sycamores welcome Eastern Illinois to Memorial Stadium for the Week Zero kickoff. Game time between the Sycamores and the Panthers is set for 6:05 p.m. and will be carried live on ESPN+ and WZJK 105.5 FM.

More...

Gosh I always feel like I'm too negative, but ......................??????
About 24 hours after after my post about the lack of comments on the upcoming game/season and what do we have ???
About 3-4 comments basically without any true comment about our team etc.
Well, I'll be there Saturday evening, sure wish there will be several thousand ISU folks sitting with me .....
we'll see ...................

About 24 hours after after my post about the lack of comments on the upcoming game/season and what do we have ???
Well, I'll be there Saturday evening, sure wish there will be several thousand ISU folks sitting with me .....
I'll be watching the game on ESPN+ and be cheering from home in Florida. This whole season rests on our 1st string and 2nd string Quarterback's health. If I had one thing to say to them, don't take un-needed hits, don't go head first on a scamper....to get another measly yard, slide at every opportunity, take-a-knee, etc. but save your body for the next play, and the next play after that. It's a long season.

I’ll be attending along with a couple of friends.
In the meantime, can anyone provide a depth chart?

I will be there. I think we will be good but dont know if wins will reflect it. There is talent on the team. Almost forgot who can play on the team.

Won't be there. Tickets are too expensive (just kidding). Unfortunately I have to work Saturday night. Fortunately I get to work.

Can they make stops? As I mentioned in the last thread, can they play defense at all in the 2nd Q -- we were outscored by over 100 points in that quarter if I remember correctly. Looking at the depth chart, we don't appear to be deep in the secondary which has also always been an issue.

That is going to determine how the season goes IMO.

I will be watching on my big screen ... game time 6 p.m. ...on ESPN + .... using my ROKU. . I love my ROKU ...GO SYCAMORES!!!!!

Just renewed my ESPN+ subscription. Went up to $7 a month this season, but $49 in a season to watch most of the MVC football and basketball games is honestly a steal. Hopefully I'm surprised (in a good way) by what I see tonight from ISU.

Just renewed my ESPN+ subscription. Went up to $7 a month this season, but $49 in a season to watch most of the MVC football and basketball games is honestly a steal. Hopefully I'm surprised (in a good way) by what I see tonight from ISU.

You can get the Disney+ bundle which includes Hulu and ESPN+ for $13.99/mo. That is what I've got.

Back