Basketball Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

B

BlueSycamore

Should be about time to see it, isn't it? This much is known....................AT DePaul, AT Purdue, AT Northern Illinois, 3 games AT Louisville, vs. Louisville, Lamar & Ohio U. Home games with North Texas State, Murray State, & home Bracketbuster later in the season. Still a few holes to fill, hopefully home games.

:sycamores:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
it's good to see road games that aren't too far from Indiana State. I know I plan to be at the DePaul game the Saturday after Thanksgiving, as well as the Murray State game the night before Thanksgiving.

Should be about time to see it, isn't it? This much is known....................AT DePaul, AT Purdue, AT Northern Illinois, 3 games AT Louisville, vs. Louisville, Lamar & Ohio U. Home games with North Texas State, Murray State, & home Bracketbuster later in the season. Still a few holes to fill, hopefully home games.

Home and away teams have not been set for the BracketBuster yet - so we don't know if we will get a home game this year. We do get the return game from Murray State this year from last year's BracketBuster - when we were a road team, but the home and away for the BB is distinct each year - so we might be a road team again.

they're starting to put the non-conference schedule up now (on the ISU site)

Link

the full schedule is up now (6:50pm)

Last edited:
Wow. I know it's hard to get teams to come and play us, but that home schedule is really sad. DePauw on Dec. 20? Get serious...:censored:

People will complain about this schedule, but in reality we shouldn't. This schedule will give ISU a chance to win some road games. Remember last year ISU won TWO road games the entire season. If this team is going to rise to the upper half of the MVC they need to learn how to win on the road.

It's good to see the IUPUI game is at Conseco too and not in their home gym, which is quite small.

DePauw is probably a better game than Oakland City, but some may disagree.

ISU is having the same trouble as other MVC teams when it comes to getting good teams to play at Hulman Center. I am sure in the next few seasons we'll see better games in TH, remember this is only McKenna's 2nd season.

Last edited:
I'll be there supporting them as always. And, 20 years from now, a "W" is a "W." However, there's nothing on this home schedule to be excited about AT ALL. I sure hope it improves in future years. Unless we pull off a miracle on the road, there are no games in the non-con that will help get us into the tournament, should that be necessary...

it could be worse, trust me

just look at Illinois State's home schedule, if Indiana State had that, then there'd be alot more complaining going on here. They don't have a single BCS team on the schedule, home or away. We at least have some very good BCS teams to play.

Illinois State schedule

Bradley's home schedule isn't much better either, although they do get Butler at home. Hopefully ISU can renew the Butler/Ball State games.

Bradley schedule

Last edited:
here is the article from the Trib Star about the schedule (with quotes from McKenna). The end of the season is gonna be brutal for ISU with alot of road games.

Trib Star link

you wanna see some complaining about a schedule, read thru the Illinois State message board thread on their non-con schedule. ISU doesn't have nearly the negativity that Illinois State does. They're NOT happy at all.

Link

As I hope I said before, overall, our schedule is actually pretty good. The disappointing part, for me, is the lack of any "name" schools, or any BCS schools, for that matter, coming to Hulman Center. But the games with Purdue, Louisville, and DePaul are awesome.

Hopefully, we're at full strength for those games, and can pull off an upset or two.

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

It's good to see the IUPUI game is at Conseco too and not in their home gym, which is quite small.

Completely agree! AND, it'll be nice to be able to enjoy a game in my hometown when I'm back for the holidays.

:cheers:

Beating Purdue would be huge. Won't happen because they're going to be scary good.

We are coming home at Christmas and I was hoping to catch a game. We may try to come in early on the 23rd, catch the game, and then either go to Terre Haute or stay the night.

wow not much thier sounds kind of weak! :eek7:

i think the schedule is kind of weak. but mabee thats what they need! its not going to help in the mvc tho....:krazy:
And whats with the new team? bad bad

Back