Bassett to ISU?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Check out this one:

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_story_352000638.html

Personally, I'd take him. Just keep the leash short, and have an understanding that if you screw up, you're gone - and your basketball career is OVER. It could work. He's better than any guard we've got, and probably better than any guard in the MVC. Most likely just message board fodder, though...:meditate:

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I don't think he personally has screwed up all that much, has he? He was suspended at IU and then dismissed from the team while debating whether he wanted to come back. Those are foolish mistakes, but he hasn't been in trouble with the law that I know of (like Schmidtke has) and he was young and arguably less responsible at the time. This speculation is probably pointless though until we find out if he actually has interest in playing for the Sycamores.

And four failed drug tests at IU last year alone. Sure, come on down and be a sycamore. We are really lowering our standards.

There were reports that he failed drug tests, but never any details. Are we talking marijuana or are we talking cocaine? I suppose it doesn't bold well for a player's future either way, but there is quite a difference.

I'm kind of mixed on this idea. I would love to have the player as a Sycamore but I don't know about the person. I think it was marijuana that got him in trouble at IU. Of course the article Hooper linked doesn't even have the coach right that kicked him off the team. Dakich kicked him off, Crean just went with that decision. We are also naive to think that no Sycamores smoke weed. I know for a fact that at least one of them does.

I would love to have Bassett playing for the Sycamores...but it's soooo unlikely. He wants to transfer to a school with the quarter system (instead of semesters) so he can start playing next season. According to that article.

Saylor has already talked to Coach McKenna re: Bassett.
Now, who's scholarship are you going to pull to make room for Bassett, a 7' transfer or any other player you are dreaming about?

UAAB boards

The consensus seems to be that grades were an issue for Bassett at UAB - mostly speculation - and seems to be ignoring the probablity that Davis is leaving. Which brings up another topic....how does that guy keep getting jobs?

Bassett Hound

We'd have a "high flying" backcourt w/ both Stinson & Bassett. Would McKenna restrict Bassett's use, and force him not to inhale?:talktohand:

If they take Bassett , ISU and coach McKenna lose all credibility in what he said he was wanting to develop here at State. Go somewhere else Armon.....

If I was McKenna I could care less about your opinion HoopMaster. Sounds like you have a personal axe to grind!

Bassett

I would hope Mckenna doesnt make decisions about his program from reading a message board.

Back to the topic, what good will come from having a drug smoking Bassett at ISU? Lets hear your well educated reson why this would be good for the program.

If I was McKenna I could care less about your opinion HoopMaster. Sounds like you have a personal axe to grind!

Why do you automatically think there is an axe to grind when some of us don't want kids like that in the sycamore program? Sounds like you may be the one with issues.

Now slow down Momma..................is it you who gets fired if you don't win games? There are a few grandstand coaches and uninformed fans on here who just like to hear themselves cry. Have neither of you either smoked a joint.....even once before? Even Presidents are usually honest about that question...can you be? As far as freeing a scholly................I would clear the far end of the bench every season if my job was based on wins & losses. A scholarship is a year to year offering; always has been and is nothing more. Some players never measure up to D1 caliber & need to accept the consequences when they don't.

Back