Best of Sycamore Pride Best of Sycamore Pride: Bar Food

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Best of Sycamore Pride: Bar Food

• Total voters

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Welcome to the Best of Sycamore Pride. It's highly curated, completely subjective, and 100 percent ranked according to us. This is the guide to the places you need to try right now and where our boardies choose to eat, drink and be Sycamore.

How can you participate?

This is a living poll. That means you can return and change your vote(s) at any time to best reflect your current opinion. Feel free to provide some color and discuss the places you've tried, what you did or didn't like, what have you. If you believe this particular category is missing an establishment that should be considered, drop a post saying as much. The top three vote getters will be featured in the guide and considered the Best of Sycamore Pride.

Best of Sycamore Pride Index:

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
To me it's Charlies but might have to go with The Terminal which is basically the same as it's close to the HC and make a great pre or post game bar.

I grew up right around the corner from Charlies. Sonka's was my college bar - back then there wasn't even a sign, just an old wooden keg hanging over the door. Bumper pool in the back, 35 cent beer. Some guy named Bosco was the main bartender - think it was owned at one time by Pat Tolan(?). Irish guy and reportedly ex-ISU football player. Had an IRA support night every year with 10 cent beer. Crazy, hazy days.

It’s better than scouts is what I mean

Scouts is attached to the Verve and is considered the Verve’s restaurant hence bar food. I helped Jason put together the list is the only reason I’m even explaining this. Also think the college kids probably consume it quite a bit late night since they are at Verve (just guessing though).

There is a guy on the mvcfans site that says he is a Drake fan who is making the trip to Terre Haute on Feb for the game against the Bulldogs.

Is anyone on Pride also on MVCfans that can post a message or DM the guy these “best of” pages?

He is asking for good places to hang out etc before and after the game. These are the best lists he will find.

You will find him under the thread Trip to Terre Haute

I’d suspect a guy with enough aptitude to post on MVC Fans of all websites, the Sahara desert of all fan forums could find his way here for a place to eat. But that is very hospitable of you to seek him out via another poster.

Side note probably not come to this thread if you’re driving all the way from Iowa… We have a lot of really good places to eat highlighted on this forum. If it’s not on Yelp it’s on this forum.

Bar food Charlie’s is excellent, Terminal same owners is really good and close to the Hulman Center, Moggers is solid but won’t change your life. Otherwise, keep digging for some better options we have plenty.

Last edited:

Years ago, the overpass nightclub had some good popcorn. Then they let some guy start up a pizza place inside. They are still in business across 7th st from the Vigo county library in the old mcdonalds building. The name of the place is footers. I don’t know if it’s any good and it’s not in a bar any longer.

May as well have a poll for which of my kids I like best. Four of these are staples, Terre Haute Brewing now has some strong food as well.

Would depend on the timing of when I'm eating if I were visiting...looks like we play Drake on a Saturday. I would go to Charlie's and/or TH Brewing Company on Friday and then Terminal before the game on Saturday....most likely a follow up to the Ballyhoo if I were coming from out of town.

I’d suspect a guy with enough aptitude to post on MVC Fans of all websites, the Sahara desert of all fan forums could find his way here for a place to eat. But that is very hospitable of you to seek him out via another poster.

But how could you expect one person to possibly sift through all of the brilliant discussions and intellectual gems posted on SycamorePride over the years to find this particular thread?

The man’s head would probably explode as he read through so many pages of deep discussion and examples of mental firepower!

😀

Back