Buckle 'em up

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

treeman

The Renn Level
"Road warriors" AKA we play in a weak conference.

Only exceptions being Wichita and Gonzaga. Gonzaga is dominate any which way you spin it, just a class above everyone else. And I'm willing to bet a lot of WSUs road wins came during their MVC time when they were one of the hottest programs in the country.

FanSinceArenaDays

The Sycamore Level
"Road warriors" AKA we play in a weak conference.

Only exceptions being Wichita and Gonzaga. Gonzaga is dominate any which way you spin it, just a class above everyone else. And I'm willing to bet a lot of WSUs road wins came during their MVC time when they were one of the hottest programs in the country.
Think how you want but if you ever played any ball or watched basketball many years you should know that road wins in ANY conference are difficult year in year out as well as non-conf on the road & why you don't see many of the "Big Boys" even play anywhere on the road. Your opinion vs my opinion. That is all. Goodnight Irene!

treeman

The Renn Level
I'm bored. It's a slow time in sports. I'm going to fight this one. Here is a list of the schools/conference/2022 conference NET. Keep in mind there are 32 conferences.

Belmont - OVC - 21
Vermont - American East - 26
Gonzaga - WCC - 10
Stony Brook - American East - 26
SFA - WAC - 15
Murray - OVC - 21
Wichita - MVC/AAC - 11/7
Bucknell - Patriot League - 28
Albany - American East - 26
Boston - Patriot League 28
UC Irvine - Big West - 19
Texas Southern - SWAC - 32
Iona - MAAC - 16

Obviously a lot of schools have switched conferences and the 2022 NET isn't a direct reflection of a decades worth of basketball but it does give you a damn good idea where these conferences stack up historically. Bottom line is these schools have absolutely tee'd off on their weak conference and their bottom feeders. Winning consistently on the road in the NCAA is tough when you play top 175 schools; not so much when you are going up against the 250-355 range (which by the way is the entire SWAC except for Texas Southern). WSU's is by far the most impressive on this list followed by Gonzaga. This list is one of those stupid stats you see the media keep, kinda like Lansings 62 point victory mark stat.