Cap'n Cat's Trip To Terre Haute

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Cap'n Cat

The Sycamore Level
Cap'n Cat and Corporal Cat, 8, attended the Northern Iowa @ Indiana State game this past Saturday. Some thoughts:

1. The weather was positively terrrible. The Cap'n offhandedly invites his "Appalachian" cousin from western Pennsylvania to meet Him for the game,

2. Lo and behold, he shows up with his intolerably bratty kids and an intensely obese girlfriend.

3. Immediately, Cap'n Cat gets them another room at the Hilton Garden Inn because it's obviously going to be waaaaay too crowded in one room. Cost to Cap'n Cat: $109 f**king dollars!

4. Cousin's daughter, 10, is rude to Cap'n Cat and Corporal Cat.

5. I try to deal with it. Corporal Cat is holding his own in the playground my-dad-is-bigger-than-your-dad face off.

6. It's 9:40 a.m., EST; Cap'n Cat leaves for the game, a 30-pack of Busch in the bed of his pickup.

7. Cousin Cat redeeeming quality: he brings Cap'n Cat a twelver of Iron City Light, one of His favorite beers.

8. We have a few at 10:00 in the morning in the sleet and rain. Cap'n Cat raises the UNI flag.

9. Game time. Corporal Cat and I, armed with sideline passes courtesy of the UNI coaching staff, head to the north end of the field.

10. INSU is tougher than this UNI fan thought they would be. Hard-hitting guys on defense. Couple of mouthy, little 150 lb d-backs lipping off at every tackle.

11. UNI wins 28-0, but not before Coach Farley gets a Gatorade bath for clinching a spot atop the MVFC.

12. Big Takeaway: There is hope for Indiana State football. The Sycamore guys were into the game every second, even though they were facing a Goliath-type foe. Little victories like holding UNI on fourth down a couple times were things that, hopefully, the Sycs remember and take into next year. They stood up to the biggest, baddest conference monster and dared to try and kick him in the nuts.

13. Memorial Stadium isn't as bad as I thought it was, but, still, an on-campus stadium is your ticket to more wins!

13. I have been for a while, an ISU fan and will continue to be, an Indiana State fan. When you play UNI again, I won't be rooting for you, but wish you the best versus the rest of the conference.

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores::sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

P.S. The announced attendance thing was kinda humorous. 2341 announced and there were no more than 300. On-campus stadium, kids.

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Todd Golden, ISU's blogger, said the same thing about attendance Cap'n, probably a few hundred and that was IT.

thanks for the review and saying there is hope for ISU FB in a year or two.

Sounds like a rough experience to drive all that way for, but at least you were there to see them win another conference title. I'm a lot more optimistic about ISU's future after seeing some of the latest scores.

Sounds like a rough experience to drive all that way for, but at least you were there to see them win another conference title. I'm a lot more optimistic about ISU's future after seeing some of the latest scores.

The sideline passes and the trip were birthday presents for Corporal Cat, so it was gonna happen, no matter what.

Hopin' the Sycs go far.

:sycamores:

Glad you were able to salvage some good out of the weekend. Between the weather and your family, sounds like you were behind the 8-ball the whole time!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Many of us on here are optimistic about ISU football. We've got a much better staff than we should be able to have, and they are attracting much better recruits than we have any right to expect. Good things will happen...

Good luck to UNI in the playoffs!!!

Cap'n Cat and Corporal Cat, 8, attended the Northern Iowa @
7. Cousin Cat redeeeming quality: he brings Cap'n Cat a twelver of Iron City Light, one of His favorite beers.

:cheers:

Good to hear the cuz came through... Better day for wiskey or schnaaps though. I went to
the Wabash VS DePauw game just down the road... Miserable day

Forgot to say that Cousin Cat's very rotund girlfriend ate nearly half of the $57 worth of pizza I got from Maurizio's.

Further, in trying to be nice to her before the game, we're sipping beer at the back of my truck, and I ask her her "story" - you know, education, marital status, employment. The monstrously fat cow does positively flippin' nothing but lay around the house and collect welfare back in Pennsylvania. She has two kids by different fathers (the father of the daughter I met at Terre Haute must be a circus freak because she was showing signs of dwarfism - enormous head, short stubby arms and legs, a waddling sort of walk, talks like a Munchkin, etc). She has no job, no training in ANYTHING at all. In short, she is a loser. A COW loser parasite. I was utterly disgusted.

I ask Cousin Cat, degreed, divorced, father of two, 35, what on God's Green Earth he is doing wth such a fat pile of sh*t. He just shrugs and says, with a straight face, "She gives good head". Jesus. I hope he closes his eyes and/or she keeps her 7X clothes on while rendering such service. She's GOTTA look like Jabba the Hut in the pink.

So, anyway, I went off on a "fat" jag. I don't hate fat people, I'm overweight myself, but, you know, I'm doing something with my life. Her life's purpose is nothign more than the inhalation of calories and the expenditure of none. On the public teat, no less!

So, anyway, Part II, I get up at 8:00 and there is a knock on my door. It's her daughter and she says her Mommy wants to know if there is any leftover pizza.

:sycamores:

:cheers:

Good to hear the cuz came through... Better day for wiskey or schnaaps though. I went to
the Wabash VS DePauw game just down the road... Miserable day

Now that's a big rivalry game. I worked for the Greencastle Banner Graphic briefly in 98 and got a chance to see how excited people get over that one.

Funny that we play DePauw and DePaul in basketball this year.

Back