Coaching Replacement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Going with someone in-house makes sense. Watching what is happening to Evansville tonight, I'm more and more in favor of mid-majors branching off into their own league and championship in all sports. We have an FCS championship in football, where we don't even compete, would love to see what we could do in sports where we're actually good.

Hancock, Hancock, Hancock. Hancock leaves u will see a mass exist of pitchers on staff and players coming in.

Our whole team is gone next year no matter what. Every starter either exhausted his eligibility, is getting drafted and moving on, or is going with Hannahs. No matter who steps in, the cupboard will be empty.

Hire the guy who can build relationships with future Sycamores, identify talent and coach it up. Next year's team is going to look nothing like this past year's team. Just like in basketball.

D1baseball has a list apparently but it is subscription only.
It doesn’t really say anything. Says Smiley is a logical candidate but could be hard to get. Says a Texas A&M assistant could make sense because of his ties to the state but then says he reportedly has no interest. Talked about the SEMO coach but it was just speculation that he could be a good fit. That’s it.

Going with someone in-house makes sense. Watching what is happening to Evansville tonight, I'm more and more in favor of mid-majors branching off into their own league and championship in all sports. We have an FCS championship in football, where we don't even compete, would love to see what we could do in sports where we're actually good.
I agree that this is the only correct answer in today's landscape. Most of the power schools make more in TV money alone than what schools like ISU spend on their entire athletic budget.

Here's how I would divide it.

Division 1- Power 4, Big East, American, Mountain West

D2- Everyone else that is currently D1

D3- Current D2

D4- Current D3

I agree that this is the only correct answer in today's landscape. Most of the power schools make more in TV money alone than what schools like ISU spend on their entire athletic budget.

Here's how I would divide it.

Division 1- Power 4, Big East, American, Mountain West

D2- Everyone else that is currently D1

D3- Current D2

D4- Current D3
American and Mountain West aren't in the same stratosphere as SEC and BIG10. Big East's lack of football also puts them in a different category.

As Jason has said in the past; college football just needs to break off and do it's own thing without affecting the other sports much at all. The SEC and BIG10 are running the show and it's not particularly close. I mean the ACC literally has schools filing suite against the conference for shitty media deals, a 13-0 Florida State team was just left out of the CFP. Let that sink in

a 13-0 Florida State team was just left out of the CFP. Let that sink in
I get what you're saying, but with their starting QB out for the year that Florida State team wasn't one of the top 4 teams in the country. In their bowl game, when they had a chance to make a point to the committee, like we did making it to the NIT finals, half their team didn't bother to show up and they lost by about 50, proving the committee make the correct choice to leave them out.

I get what you're saying, but with their starting QB out for the year that Florida State team wasn't one of the top 4 teams in the country. In their bowl game, when they had a chance to make a point to the committee, like we did making it to the NIT finals, half their team didn't bother to show up and they lost by about 50, proving the committee make the correct choice to leave them out.
Not buying that argument. Florida State was treated like a mid-major on selection Sunday. The committee looked for that ONE reason to keep them out and went for it. That tells you all you need to know with college athletics and conference affiliation right now

Not buying that argument. Florida State was treated like a mid-major on selection Sunday. The committee looked for that ONE reason to keep them out and went for it. That tells you all you need to know with college athletics and conference affiliation right now
It was the correct call. They were not the same without their QB. The defense was legit, however they couldn’t survive without scoring. Terrible timing but was the correct call.

It was the correct call. They were not the same without their QB. The defense was legit, however they couldn’t survive without scoring. Terrible timing but was the correct call.

A bad decision then, a bad decision today, a bad decision tomorrow.

The Committee gamed, got egg on their face and will not admit it

The conferences SHOULD have pushed for an 8 team MINIMUM team playoff - when the NCAA decided to launch the Div I playoffs, it was 4-tms for 3 seasons, went to 8, then quickly to 12 - arguably it could have stayed at 16 (the best) but the current 24 is workable, not the ideal as i'm not a fan of byes

A bad decision then, a bad decision today, a bad decision tomorrow.

The Committee gamed, got egg on their face and will not admit it

The conferences SHOULD have pushed for an 8 team MINIMUM team playoff - when the NCAA decided to launch the Div I playoffs, it was 4-tms for 3 seasons, went to 8, then quickly to 12 - arguably it could have stayed at 16 (the best) but the current 24 is workable, not the ideal as i'm not a fan of byes
Someone always gets left out. In football in 2024, if you’re not in top 12 then you had zero chance of winning it all. In most cases the top 2 or 3 are the only teams with a Lego shot at winning. Most years have a clear best or two clear cut favorites.

The more SEC teams in will most likely lead to the SEC domination. Hopefully the big ten can build off last year.

Has anyone heard if we're reaching out or are we waiting for the new AD that should be hired soon to make his first hire?

American and Mountain West aren't in the same stratosphere as SEC and BIG10. Big East's lack of football also puts them in a different category.

As Jason has said in the past; college football just needs to break off and do it's own thing without affecting the other sports much at all. The SEC and BIG10 are running the show and it's not particularly close. I mean the ACC literally has schools filing suite against the conference for shitty media deals, a 13-0 Florida State team was just left out of the CFP. Let that sink in

There's more money for the big boys if they ultimately break off in both football and men's basketball. They need the AAC, MWC, and Big East so that they can still have a legitimate 64 team basketball tournament. They really don't need one bid leagues like the MVC taking money from the pie when they're having to pay players directly.

The B1G (18) + SEC (16) + ACC (18) + XII (16) + BEC (11) + MWC (11) + AAC (13) gives them 103 teams to play with right there. That doesn't include Oregon State, Wazzu, Gonzaga, VCU, and Dayton who would likely get invites to the AAC or MWC. If and when the ACC loses FSU, Clemson, and UNC they could backfill with Memphis, USF, and Temple. Before you know it "D1" would be approaching 110-120 schools.

If you put the MWC and AAC in "D2" then you just have a "P2" at the "D2" level. Some of those programs spend more on football alone than ISU spends on their entire athletics department annually. Almost every school between those two leagues spends over twice as much on athletics as ISU does. And keep in mind ISU is a mid major. When you factor in the 20 or so low-major leagues those numbers squash anything they spend.

Back