Colts trade for Wentz

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
A lot of money for one of the worst QB’s in football last season... Ballard is overrated as they come.

Colts need to replace Castanzo on the OL.

#1 DB Xavier Rhodes is a FA. Needs to be resigned.

DB opposite of him Ya Sin needs released. He’s shit.

#1 WR TY a FA.

Paris is an unproven liability.

Literally have Pittman right now.

#3 WR Pascal a FA. Will likely be resigned.

#1 RB to start last season Mack a FA. He’s likely gone. Only 2 viable RB’s.

No pass rush what so ever.

Literally Colts fans are soft and totally just okay with being in the playoffs. This roster has more holes than people care to acknowledge.

Daveinth

The Wade Level
Supporter
A lot of money for one of the worst QB’s in football last season... Ballard is overrated as they come.:Gave up very little compared to the two first rounders they wanted but I would have tried to sign Jameis could have got him for a bargin.

Colts need to replace Castanzo on the OL. Can be addressed in the draft Penei Sewell from Oregon should be available as a #1 for them

#1 DB Xavier Rhodes is a FA. Needs to be resigned. : Agreed

DB opposite of him Ya Sin needs released. He’s shit. Has Played well at times but is a penalty Magnet needs major improvement

#1 WR TY a FA. Can and should be replaced by any of the following with order of preference
Chris Godwin ,Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, JuJu Smith-Schuster

Paris is an unproven liability. Been injured his entire career time to move on

Literally have Pittman right now. So much potential here

#3 WR Pascal a FA. Will likely be resigned. I am ok if he moves on

#1 RB to start last season Mack a FA. He’s likely gone. Only 2 viable RB’s. Jonathon Taylor is the real deal Mack was going to lose in the long run anyway . I hate running back by committee That Reich likes to run.

No pass rush what so ever. One name that ends these problems Yannick Ngakoue

This team is built to win NOW they have a shit ton of free agency money this year The trade is not as bad as it looks . I mean they are giving up practically nothing they know what they are getting from Wentz . I mean what would you have got QB wise with the draft position they were in . Remember Wentz had his best years under Reich . Again not my number one choice but I like it much better than Rivers that guy is and was garbage .

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
The salary cap is smaller they just haven’t announced a number yet as FA hasn’t opened.

Wentz handcuffs Ballard - if he sucks he really puts them in a tough spot. He wouldn’t have been my pick.

All I’m saying is Ballard gets remarkable praise from Colts fans. In my mind - it’s because the guy before him was awfully bad. Ryan Grigson guy was terrible. But the Colts haven’t done shit - we’re better sure. But we haven’t done anything at all.

In my mind he signs Rhodes, signs Pascal and he better go out and get another big time WR in FA and he better find a pass rusher. If not Colts are the same as they were 48 hours ago - a good team with too many gaps too fill.

bent20

The Odum Level
The salary cap is smaller they just haven’t announced a number yet as FA hasn’t opened.

Wentz handcuffs Ballard - if he sucks he really puts them in a tough spot. He wouldn’t have been my pick.

All I’m saying is Ballard gets remarkable praise from Colts fans. In my mind - it’s because the guy before him was awfully bad. Ryan Grigson guy was terrible. But the Colts haven’t done shit - we’re better sure. But we haven’t done anything at all.

In my mind he signs Rhodes, signs Pascal and he better go out and get another big time WR in FA and he better find a pass rusher. If not Colts are the same as they were 48 hours ago - a good team with too many gaps too fill.
Colts can safely opt out of the Wentz contract after 2022. Considering they had over $40M devoted to Rivers and Brissett this year they're not in bad shape there. Wentz wasn't my first choice but not a lot of options, especially after they gave up on Brissett last year.

Ballard has missed on some draft picks but has a much higher percentage of success than most NFL GMs. The 2020 class was voted best in NFL. Many of his past drafts have been ranked right at the top as well. He gets good value out of his FA signings and didn't handicap the team for years to come with this trade. Ballard deserves the praise. He's built a winner, a team that can produce a winning season and playoff appearance with a lamp post for a QB.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Fair points. I’m happy with his drafting of Darius, Quenton, Blackmon, Taylor and probably Pittman. I think he hit home runs with those guys.

But he’s arrogant and stubborn. Rock Ya Sin was a first round pick and he’s been a sole dog shit. They keep running him out. Whatever.

I didn’t realize they could get out from under the Wentz contract in 22’ makes me feel a little better. I like an older but more proven commodity like Matt Ryan at a cheaper price. Ryan is no Brady but older QB’s can still win and Ryan is proven. I doubt we could have got him and he’s probably not available but Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott are both interesting names that have been discussed in the media as being available... But I knew once Stafford went out West it was going to be Wentz and I’m not thrilled about it.

bent20

The Odum Level
Bears are in a really tough spot when it comes to finding a new QB. With as much work as their offense needs, they can't afford to give up draft picks either.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Bears are in a really tough spot when it comes to finding a new QB. With as much work as their offense needs, they can't afford to give up draft picks either.
We're actually okay. After this year, we'll be all flush with our own picks again. This year we have our 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and the possibly the Dolphin's 7th if conditions on a trade were met. But unless we can get Watson, I'd rather punt the ball down the road for future drafts. I'd prefer to rebuild the offensive line first.

Where the Bears are screwed is having so much money committed to the defensive line. Absolutely moronic to do in today's NFL IMO.

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Sid Luckman. That man won titles.

Cutler couldn’t be bothered enough to win.

For chuckles, I read some old pages on Smokin' Jay Cutler... Have always wondered if he's as "evil" as he's made out to be...

Thinkin' he's not nearly the prima donna tw*t that the current T.B. QB has been since day 3

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Cutler had the worst non-expression face of anyone ever. I think that got him more hate than he deserved.

i agree -- he certainly had a high degree of (perceived) ambivalence...

The SI article captures a lot of the press' perception of him as well

https://vault.si.com/vault/2011/08/15/youre-wrong-about-jay-cutler

also want to say that when the Bears landed Cutler, didn't they move their best OL and WR/TE?

Shades of the Dolts' moves when they landed Jeff "The Walking Cancer" George... the Dolts traded C. Hinton and Bad Moon Risen to get the pick for george

bent20

The Odum Level
I think Cutler's rep suffered after he demanded the Broncos trade him and then never materialized into the star QB he was expected to be. He was average at best throughout his career.