Criticism allowed thread

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Daveinth

The Wade Level
I am starting this thread not to be a bad fan just truthful. I feel if we think all is rosy in Sycamore land we are fools and we are accepting losing as acceptable. I don’t feel we have to call out individual players to be critical and this is not acceptable. However we can become critical of the team as a whole and they should accept criticism for what it is. I have never accepted losing as an excuse it is more of a mental state of mind. If we accept losing then losing is what we become and I am tired of that as should ALL Fans, Players, Coaches and Administrators.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Prep H

Hope that you've got a good supply, while playing the fence-riding, political correctness game...

Virtually EVERY college hoop forum addresses INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE on their boards.
Why should ISU be so different? :krazy:

Last edited:
I really don't think there needs to be a moratorium on criticism on here, but what had become overkill was the personal attacks on players. Saying that Player X hasn't played well for a couple of games is one thing. Saying that Player X is lazy and doesn't care is something totally different. These are 18-22 year old KIDS. I, personally, don't care to read some armchair quarterback call a kid out, and denigrate him by calling him names.

But it's obvious there are problems with the team. Civil discussion can allow all opinions. Calling players names just isn't cool.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should...

I am not so critical of individual players. I have played this game at a very high level and I know just how difficult this game can be. What I have been most critical of is when our coaching staff sits on their butts and accepts player X throwing the ball out of bounds or repeatedly takes bad shots. These things do not make you better as well these things hurt your team. A team is not made of individuals its 5 on the court as well was the others on the bench. McKenna controls this team he shows no emotion on the bench, his team sits on their butts and seldom cheers their own teammates. This is coaching problems. When will McKenna stand up and fight for his team seldom after bad calls will you catch him saying much more than that was a bad call. These kids look up to their coach how can they have a fire lit under their butts when their coach is so laid back?

"his team sits on their butts and seldom cheers their own teammates."

Since when? I absolutely hate to write on these forums, but when idiotic statements like this are made, I have to. I've been at every home game, and there hasn't been one game where the bench has not rooted on their team. Just stop writing.

laid back coaches.....

like tony dungy. yeah, they don't win. lol

there is this feeling among some fans in the state of indiana, obviously from watching robert montgomery knight hold court in bloomington for so long, that a head coach has to be a fire-breathing zealot who screams, hollers, grabs his players, gets in their faces (or throw chairs and apply choke holds).

dont get me wrong. i am not trying to stir up anything. but each coach has their own different style. some are antimated. some aren't. some of the antimated ones win, some don't. there are those laid back coaches who win and some don't.

coaches have to be true to themselves. they can't be what some fans want them to be.

its not yelling or hollering. it's recruiting, it's teaching, it's performing on and off the court.

Capital Key Broken?

As an independent jounalist, why do you persist in abusing the road rules of English composition? Just curious, since it would really facilitate the ease of digesting your thoughts, which is the BOTTOM LINE for posting...communication.:(

"his team sits on their butts and seldom cheers their own teammates."

Since when? I absolutely hate to write on these forums, but when idiotic statements like this are made, I have to. I've been at every home game, and there hasn't been one game where the bench has not rooted on their team. Just stop writing.

You must be going to differant games than I because i see one or two players who might get up and cheer a big shot . But for the most part they are just sitting there . Maybe your watching these games thru your 3D super bowl glasses.

Too Personal

Using an alphabet letter is getting too close to identity...how 'bout a six (6) digit combo of letters & numbers?

"You must be going to differant games than I because i see one or two players who might get up and cheer a big shot . But for the most part they are just sitting there . Maybe your watching these games thru your 3D super bowl glasses."

No, I'm not. Learn how to spell and punctuate, then I'll give you the time of day.

I felt as though "Tornado" was the right call, given the situation. Apparently, it is always the right call, no matter the situation.

I was wondering what happened to you Morgan.

"You must be going to differant games than I because i see one or two players who might get up and cheer a big shot . But for the most part they are just sitting there . Maybe your watching these games thru your 3D super bowl glasses."

No, I'm not. Learn how to spell and punctuate, then I'll give you the time of day.

Wow we have progressed from a discussion site to ENGLISH 111. I never asked you for the time of day JERKOFF. There did I capitalize that enough for you? Go ahead and believe what you want but you watch tonight there might be 1 or 2 times where the players are sitting on their butts while this game is going on. Where are the pregame cheers? Where is the whole team up for a timeout high fives? Just because you have 14 players doesn’t mean you’re a team…………. And I learned that from my time of playing this game.

Back