Dowdell

bent20

The Odum Level
So is Dowdell screwing up? I really can't believe he'd be that foolish. When you're playing as poorly as he has how can you not show up to meetings or practice? If it continues, I say cut him and make the message perfectly clear. When it comes to rebuilding it's now or never for this program and the players better understand that.

from the Tribstar:

http://www.tribstar.com/collegesports/local_story_278233529.html?keyword=topstory

?I started Matt Seliger because we have some young men in our program that need to understand accountability,? said Miles, when asked why he went with Seliger. ?It?s being where you?re supposed to be and doing what you?re supposed to do when you?re supposed to do it. If you?re not doing that on or off the football field, I?m going with the next guy.

?I?d say 95 percent of our football team is doing the right thing, but we still have some young men, for whatever reason, that decide they?re not going to be accountable to the team like they should, then they?re not going to start the football game.?

Miles didn?t mention Dowdell, but was subsequently asked whether Dowdell would return as the starter for next Saturday?s game at Southern Illinois.

?It?s going to be a competition every week at that position,? Miles said. ?Again, guys have to be accountable for the team and themselves on and off the football field. We can?t be late [to go] to places, we can?t miss meetings, it all relates to what goes on the field. If you don?t execute away from football, then you?re not going to execute on it. We?re making a stand on that.?

S

sycamorefanatic1

So is Dowdell screwing up? I really can't believe he'd be that foolish. When you're playing as poorly as he has how can you not show up to meetings or practice? If it continues, I say cut him and make the message perfectly clear. When it comes to rebuilding it's now or never for this program and the players better understand that.

from the Tribstar:

http://www.tribstar.com/collegesports/local_story_278233529.html?keyword=topstory

?I started Matt Seliger because we have some young men in our program that need to understand accountability,? said Miles, when asked why he went with Seliger. ?It?s being where you?re supposed to be and doing what you?re supposed to do when you?re supposed to do it. If you?re not doing that on or off the football field, I?m going with the next guy.

?I?d say 95 percent of our football team is doing the right thing, but we still have some young men, for whatever reason, that decide they?re not going to be accountable to the team like they should, then they?re not going to start the football game.?

Miles didn?t mention Dowdell, but was subsequently asked whether Dowdell would return as the starter for next Saturday?s game at Southern Illinois.

?It?s going to be a competition every week at that position,? Miles said. ?Again, guys have to be accountable for the team and themselves on and off the football field. We can?t be late [to go] to places, we can?t miss meetings, it all relates to what goes on the field. If you don?t execute away from football, then you?re not going to execute on it. We?re making a stand on that.?
Coach Miles did not elaborate on which Qb he was talking about but I have reason to believe he was referring to our future face of the franchise, Mr. Schmidke. " If it continues, I say cut him." was your quote. In your book does that apply to Schmidke as well as Dowdell? The rules must be uniform so I hope our young protege will follow all the team rules all the young men are expected to follow. I have a feeling Coach Miles doesn't care who a kid is, he just wants the rules followed.

Last edited:

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I would hate to see any of these guys go. If, however, they are not obeying team rules, then if Coach wants 'em to take a hike, I'll be behind him. Geez, after all his troubles, you'd think that Schmidtke would know better...

Come on guys, straighten up and fly right!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

bent20

The Odum Level
Absolutely Schmitdke, too, but the fact he was second on the depth chart for the game tells me what he did must not have been as bad as Dowdell. If we cut Schmitdke for behavioral problems who would take him? I'd say no one in Div. 1.