Early 2022-23 Roster Look

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

If we are discussing who should be in the top 8 next Jan, then I think that would indicate we have depth. But I have seen depth in mediocrity before at ISU.
There is a 50-50 chance that any transfer will be better or worse than we expect in conference play.
Watching D2 HIGHLIGHT films doesn’t show a lot.
I’m all for “speculating” about starters and PT, but we are completely ignorant right now what these guys will look like in the Valley.
Don’t get upset with me. I just hope we are discussing PT for 8-10 players 8 months from now.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I wonder if the walkon player Golden referred to as coming is actually a PWO? Any ideas who it could be?

Last edited:
Trying to guess the starting 5 now is a bit tricky. I also know Schertz doesn’t put much emphasis on the starting 5, but I assume day one we’re looking at:

Gibson
Voss
Henry
Kent
McKnight

It depends on how small or big Schertz wants to go. I think for sure Gibson, Voss and McKnight start. That means Henry, Neese and Kent are fighting for 2 spots.

Really interesting team we’re putting together. Assuming McKnight can hold his own, we have some actual MVC-level depth.
Am I missing a thread? Who is Voss?

Can we get Cam Crawford up to 190 lbs by the start of next season?

If they are smart and by they I mean Cam and coaching staff he will be redshirted this coming season. He wasn’t ready to play last year - but had to because we were abysmal. We have some pieces now - take a year to continue to work on your body and your game. It could do wonders for him. If he plays next year it will be spot mins and not a prominent role.

If they are smart and by they I mean Cam and coaching staff he will be redshirted this coming season. He wasn’t ready to play last year - but had to because we were abysmal. We have some pieces now - take a year to continue to work on your body and your game. It could do wonders for him. If he plays next year it will be spot mins and not a prominent role.
Ok I get that. Question still remains. Can we get him to 190 by Nov? Do we have the staff with the knowledge to put him on a plan to get there? Would his body react positively to said plan? Is this a thing that could happen here?

Ok I get that. Question still remains. Can we get him to 190 by Nov? Do we have the staff with the knowledge to put him on a plan to get there? Would his body react positively to said plan? Is this a thing that could happen here?

Non-synthetic it depends on how work ethic and metabolism.

If he went on a bodybuilding split over the Summer and dedicated himself to eating the needed calories to grow, he could get there.

Non-synthetic it depends on how work ethic and metabolism.

If he went on a bodybuilding split over the Summer and dedicated himself to eating the needed calories to grow, he could get there.
Historically (last decade or 2) how have we done with guys in the department of bulking guys up appropriately?

Back